looking for a trusted shop

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a trusted shop

I'm looking for a trusted shop that I can take my 2004 S4 too. Can anyone help me on which one I should use? I'm new to Chicago and do not want to bring my car to the dealership since they charge an arm and a leg to get stuff done.

Thanks Everyone,
Tom
Old 03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audis4boi
I'm looking for a trusted shop that I can take my 2004 S4 too. Can anyone help me on which one I should use? I'm new to Chicago and do not want to bring my car to the dealership since they charge an arm and a leg to get stuff done.

Thanks Everyone,
Tom
What are you looking to get done and where are you located. There are some really good techs at the dealer that know that car inside and out.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Looking to get some mods done this summer, but need to get a tune up a oil change done. I'm currently located down town.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Looking to get some mods done this summer, but need to get a tune up a oil change done. I'm currently located down town.
What type of mods. I might be able to help you out. PM if you want to know my experience.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Intake, exhaust, chip. Need to get my car up to speed before i do any of the mods.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Intake, exhaust, chip. Need to get my car up to speed before i do any of the mods.
PM sent
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can recommend a couple places: The Auto Doctor in Evanston is very good at doing normal service (as that is all he has done for me). I believe they can perform some upgrades but they are not a specialty shop so you will get good advice but I believe Charlie is the only one with autocross experience.

http://www.theautodoctor.com/

Second place I have experience with is Rennology in Oak Forest. He did the timing belt on my Allroad plus installed the ECU tune and tranny chip. Very good shop. The owner is very responsive and honest. I came in thinking I knew what I wanted and he did some research and shared his opinions and we went from there. Overall good experience.

http://www.rennology.com/

A third place is Chicago Performance & tuning

Have not gone yet but have had discussions with Al (owner) who seems like a very informed and straight talking guy. I plan to go there for my next auto upgrade or service.

http://www.gocpt.com/
Old 04-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Wizard Werks Chicago

I just got done with a place in Chicago called Wizard Werks on Lake St. Had a great experience, shop did some minor body work (covered by GEICO) and front brakes for me. Body work was impeccable and the brakes were fast and done very well at far below dealership prices. Karim even had the car detailed for me afterward at a local carwash by my house and dropped it off there for me to pickup because it was closer to my house. I'd recommend these guys for sure. Great customer service and workmanship.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

CPT in Melrose Park. Top-notch work always done correctly.