Which is the best Greek Isl

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is the best Greek Isl

Hi... we're planning to go on holiday to one of the Greek islands in the summer ... has anyone got suggestions. There seems to be dozens of them and they seem pretty similar. I have tried asking travel agents but they all seem clueless! I will be going with my girlfriend and want somewhere unspoilt but also easy to get to with good restaurants and bars but not too many english lager louts! Someone suggested Corfu, but then I see thats where Kavos is and it sounds dreadful according to tripreport.com, but I also know that Russian billionaires and English aristocrats choose Corfu for their holiday or are they offshore on some vast yacht? Can anyone help me choose a greek island holiday!!??
Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look into the Dedicatees islands, a group of 14 different islands. Most of these islands have ferry service running a few times a week making the trip not exactly easy but not too difficult not to overcome with a bit of pre-planning. Astypalia is little visited by foreign tourists but should be. Karpathos is another slightly quieter island that should be worth the time to visit. Corfu may be a bad choice if you are wishing to avoid the English or much of the international crowd which congregate around its coast, although inland is rural and pleasant. I would recommend island hopping among the Dedicatees to find a mixture of real Greek living and seclusion.