Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Ask A Question Popup

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 02:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ask A Question Popup

For the last week or so, anytime I navigate to a new posting and begin reading, a popup appears in the lower right corner asking me if I have any questions for AudiWorld. This is a very annoying popup since it often obscures the text I am trying to read forcing me to cancel the popup. But then, as soon as I display a new page, it pops back up again.

Is there a setting anywhere that I can use to disable this annoying popup? If I have a question, I will find the appropriate place to ask it. I do not need to be prompted.

Thanks.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Depending on your web browser, there is probably a setting in the app to remove popups (i.e. Firefox and Safari). If you can't find it, try Google.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Are you logged in when this happens? The only time I ever see that is when I'm not logged in.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by thehedge
For the last week or so, anytime I navigate to a new posting and begin reading, a popup appears in the lower right corner asking me if I have any questions for AudiWorld. This is a very annoying popup since it often obscures the text I am trying to read forcing me to cancel the popup. But then, as soon as I display a new page, it pops back up again.

Is there a setting anywhere that I can use to disable this annoying popup? If I have a question, I will find the appropriate place to ask it. I do not need to be prompted.

Thanks.
Why don't you simply ask them :-)
Old 01-19-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by andrewmr
Why don't you simply ask them :-)
That's what the feedback forum is for and he was answered. Condescension isn't necessary.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
That's what the feedback forum is for and he was answered. Condescension isn't necessary.
I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was trying to be funny, which is why I included the little smiley face.

Not sure about your response!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by andrewmr
I wasn't trying to be condescending. I was trying to be funny, which is why I included the little smiley face.

Not sure about your response!
Because it provided no useful info for the OP unlike the other responses, one directly from our AW Admin.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kris Hansen
Are you logged in when this happens? The only time I ever see that is when I'm not logged in.
Thanks Kris. Logging in does make it disappear. It also removes the righthand column of ads from the page display.

As far as snagitseven's suggestion to disable popups using the browser settings, I had tried that prior to my question in multiple browsers and it had no effect for me.

I am guessing that the popup is tied to the ad display which when logged in is not present. Not sure if the admins wanted the ads only for guests as opposed to logged in users.

Thanks all.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

No, the popup is tied to being logged in, vs. not logged in.
Old 11-15-2023, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2017/2018 S8 - Briliant Black

I have been scouring the for sale listings and cannot seem to find a brilliant black S8 ( D4 ) 2017 or 2018 - they all seem to be Mythos Black Metallic - was there a very limited production of Brilliant Black?

PS> I am new to AudiWorld and did know where I can post an open question - I hope I did this right