Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot
View Poll Results: S3 or A4?
S3 sedan s-tronic
0%
A4 sedan s-tronic
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Audi S3 or Audi A4?

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 11:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi S3 or Audi A4?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but have been following it for the past 2 years. Long story short, my family has been buying Audis for 20 years now (me included) but mostly whenever the new A8 comes out and a Q7 and a Q5. So I can say I'm a hardcore Audi fan. I've been driving the previous Q7 for a couple of years but I want to change it and buy something new.

While it may sound ridiculous what I'm about to compare, I still somehow can't decide between the new 2017 Audi S3 Sedan and the new Audi A4 Sedan.

I want to go with the S3 because I want a more sporty car, I love the new look, and I think it fits me perfectly as I'm just below 30 years old. Also, it easily stands out. I would equip it with I think everything possible on the options list as I want it fully equipped. Exterior would be Daytona Grey with 18 inch alloy wheels (bad roads for 19 inch). My problem is that even though I don't really care about the resale value, I do think about when the time comes for buying a new car and I can't sell the S3 for even a much lower price because I think less and less people are buying sporty petrol cars.

The A4 on the other hand, I would go with 2.0 tdi 190 bhp ot the 2.0 tfsi 252 bhp. Fully equipped with the s-line, fully equipped interior and gadgets. The exterior would be matrix LED, Mythos black also with 18 inch 5 twin-spoke design wheels. The new look is great, the interior is very luxurious and comfortable, just a great car overall. You can pretty much sell it immediately, especially if you go with the tdi (I live in Europe).

The heart says go with the S3, the mind says go with the A4. What the A4 is missing for me is the S performance and that S badge, and the S4 would be a bit over my budget. What the S3 is missing for me is the interior quality, comfort, and space of the A4.
Like I said, I don't really care about the resale value as I don't buy a car for it's value but rather for the passion and love for cars. If I wanted resale value I would buy a Toyota/Lexus, and that's never happening.

So I need an honest opinion from any owners of these cars, so maybe it can help me decide sooner. Thanks.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:14 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Car for car, in terms of tech and everything else, it's 100% no brainer, get the A4. WAY more car. Who cares about badges? I take them off as soon as I get the car home anyway. =)