Feedback Need help with a Forums feature, noticed a broken link (or other site problem) or just have a general question - this is the spot

Constant issues HELP PLEASE

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2016, 04:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Constant issues HELP PLEASE

So I have been having a few recurring issues lately. My car knowledge is very minimal so I am trying to reach out to you Audi professionals in hopes somebody can have a helpful answer for me...

#1 is that I have a camshaft bank 3 engine code on the dash. This is something I had the sensor replaced on last year but the code came back on a few months later. Any reasons why it would continue to come on?

#2 Coil packs 2,3 have a tendency to just decide to go whenever they want sometimes. Normally when I hit the gas to hurry in traffic or if I want to speed around a slower car in front of me they'll just go. Usually just get a new one and swap it out. 1 and 4 are Audi branded but 2,3 are duralast aftermarket. Can it be because they all aren't Audi coils that its an issue?

And finally, ONLY when the weather is cold do I have this issue where the car starts funny. If the car has been sitting because I was at work or when I wake up to go to work and start the car it'll start with a real low and rough idle. IF I shut off and turn back on multiple times the RPMs will jump and idle just fine. Sometime too when I go to pull out of my driveway or from a traffic light it'll just randomly stall out. And lastly when driving I notice how it'll kind of jerk a little like its losing power. But it'll do it a few times, not all the time and these are only issues when the temperature outside is cold.

Are all of these issues related or can some be solved by fixing another? HELP PLEASE!
Old 12-07-2016, 04:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry. I left out it is a 2006 A4 2.0T Quattro