Need help enabling voice control, RS5 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help enabling voice control, RS5 Cabriolet

Anybody with a VAG-COM and the know how to help me enable the voice control in my RS5 cabriolet? I'm in great falls.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

hello, george here from sterling, va

i have a 2014 rs5 cab

i am interested in not only activation voice control, but a bunch of other features via VAG-COM

i dont want to sound cheap (when i own a $96K car but...), $375 for a VAG-COM unit for a one time use is steep, would rather pay the dealer for an hours work at $125, but they wont do it.

want to split the purchase of one? we can create a northern va chapter of co-owners if the buy in to it.

thanks!
Old 09-10-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AUD RS5
hello, george here from sterling, va

i have a 2014 rs5 cab

i am interested in not only activation voice control, but a bunch of other features via VAG-COM

i dont want to sound cheap (when i own a $96K car but...), $375 for a VAG-COM unit for a one time use is steep, would rather pay the dealer for an hours work at $125, but they wont do it.

want to split the purchase of one? we can create a northern va chapter of co-owners if the buy in to it.

thanks!
I actually found somebody over on Audizine willing to meet up and do the activation for me. That said, I may bite the bullet and buy my own cable. This isn't my first Audi, it probably won't be my last, and I'm sure the future will hold lots of opportunities. If i do buy it, happy to meet up and let you borrow it.
Old 09-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default i'm in!

Originally Posted by safelder
I actually found somebody over on Audizine willing to meet up and do the activation for me. That said, I may bite the bullet and buy my own cable. This isn't my first Audi, it probably won't be my last, and I'm sure the future will hold lots of opportunities. If i do buy it, happy to meet up and let you borrow it.
hello again and thanks for the reply. i, like you wan't one but... based on your comments.. i think you would get more use out of it than me... with that said, I can donate say... $75- towards your purchase of one if you want to pass on the favor to me, and let me enable my voice activation - thanks! george
Old 09-15-2014, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

If I pull the trigger, I'm happy to help. And that's way too generous an offer. I'll just pay forward the favor that was done for me.
Old 09-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

deal!

let's meet & greet.

also, please see my new thread!

thanks! george
Old 09-26-2014, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Do you have the time

Originally Posted by safelder
If I pull the trigger, I'm happy to help. And that's way too generous an offer. I'll just pay forward the favor that was done for me.
good morning on this damp yet nice NoVA morning sir, nice day for a drive in our rs5's :-)

not sure is you are following me or have any interest in my "tinkering" with my rs5...

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...splay-2872115/

I am at a point were I need to consider "passing on the torch... can we maybe meet up sometime so I can enable the hidden menu on my rs5?

i know i will need to acquire one of thes $300 untis but with my current project draining my disposable (hobby) budget, now is not he right time for me.

thank you in advance for your consideration
regards - george
Old 09-26-2014, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

George, so far I haven't had the need to invest in the cable myself. Since all I wanted to do for now was enable voice command, I'm good to go. Unless a dealer wipes it out during a service, I suppose. That might be the point at which I buy in.

Would still be happy to get together sometime and meet a fellow RS5 owner.