New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Anyone know a good spot to get a VCDS done in the Fredericksburg VA area

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know a good spot to get a VCDS done in the Fredericksburg VA area

Good afternoon all,

This is my first post. I recently bought a 2008 A6 from a used car dealer in the area. The car looks and runs great even took it on a trip and loved it. The only problem is the MMI will go to the welcome screen then cut out. I have read extensively on this site about what the issues could be. I checked out all the fuses I could get to. I took out the console and cleaned the buttons. Now before I start taking the seat out or more involved trouble shooting I would like to do a check on the systems see if I can find a starting point. I called to a couple of local shops and they are all asking 80+ just to do a scan. Can anyone point me in a good direction in the Fredericksburg area. If I am going to pay some dude to look at my car I would like him to be legit. Thanks for all the great posts on the site!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I would post in the Mid Atlantic Section to see if some one maybe able to share/rent their Vag-Com with you. Maybe as cheap as a couple of cold ones and a short drive to a location to get your codes.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice I did so! I also got a recommendation from a friend for a shop. I went and got the diagnostic done but he mainly works on BMWs and essentially could only get me to a bus issue. From reading on here there is some other program that will allow one to identify the actual part that is failing but he didn't know how to do that. After discussions with him he said I can bring it in and he will attempt to trouble shoot and isolate the part.

My question is, is there any reason I can not buy an optic loop myself and troubleshoot? Yea I get it is not the most efficient way of doing business but if it is going to save me 95 an hour and I have access to the tools can any one think of a reason not to do some exploratory learning? Thanks in advance