New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Hi there!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi there!

Hey there,

I've been a longtime member of PassatWorld and knew I had to join AudiWorld as well when I acquired my '14 A4 S-Line Quattro last week. I love, and still have my 2002 Passat, but I've had to take her in for a lot of work last year (replaced clutch for the first time at 137K miles, rear brakes, engine mounts, etc.) and decided that it's time for a new (to me) car. I'm sure I'll have as much with the A4, but I'm still learning a few things.

I'm having MMI Bluetooth connection issues with my iPhons 6S on iOS 10.2.1. for starters and after reading through the forum, it turns out I'm not the only one.

Thanks all for sharing information and your experiences. Looking forward to being a part of the AudiWorld community too.

Cheers!
Old 03-20-2017, 01:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi Annalynn,

I've got a 2017 Q5, new MMI interface, and I have issues like yours. Bought in December, new Apple phone in late January as I thought it was my phone having problems. New phone behaves just the same. Major qualm is that my bluetooth will just disconnect, it will freeze my phone and interface during calls, drop calls, and just plain not work. I took it in last week and they didn't see any problems with it but agreed to install a new "computer". Got the car back Saturday and today my phone disconnected 3 times. Getting a little fed up that a brand new car is having connectivity issues like this, however I'm not certain if it's Audi or Apple's problem at this point. I've called my service department again and if I hear anything back I'll reply with what they've said.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Thank You!

Originally Posted by prncysemily
Hi Annalynn,

I've got a 2017 Q5, new MMI interface, and I have issues like yours. Bought in December, new Apple phone in late January as I thought it was my phone having problems. New phone behaves just the same. Major qualm is that my bluetooth will just disconnect, it will freeze my phone and interface during calls, drop calls, and just plain not work. I took it in last week and they didn't see any problems with it but agreed to install a new "computer". Got the car back Saturday and today my phone disconnected 3 times. Getting a little fed up that a brand new car is having connectivity issues like this, however I'm not certain if it's Audi or Apple's problem at this point. I've called my service department again and if I hear anything back I'll reply with what they've said.
I really appreciate you sharing your experience. I wasn't sure if it was because I bought a CPO and the system wasn't updated or if it's iOS not being compatible with MMI. I'm with you; I would expect this to work. If I had an AUX port, I would just connect my phone to that, but alas! Such is not the case... I have downloaded music from an SD card to the car, but taking / making calls is still not feasible.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The A4 is such a great choice!
Old 03-21-2017, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I think so too! I'm enjoying it.