New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Hello from BC

Old 06-29-2016, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from BC

My name is Mike from the Okanagan BC.

I just purchased my first (new-to-me) '09 Audi A4 2.0T. She's not without a few 'ghosts' which have shown up in the past month of owning her, so I'm dealing with the thrill of German engineering (came from an '09 Tacoma) contrasted by my wife's "I told you so!" comments.

The Tacoma was great and far more utilitarian but I was ready for a swap and something that would fit the family and still have a 'cool' factor. All in all, I love the car - the burning issues are oil consumption (pun intended) and a few ghosts in the machine... one of which I'll make a post about.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and receiving / offering support.

Best-
Mike
Old 06-30-2016, 01:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mbhwhitney
My name is Mike from the Okanagan BC.

I just purchased my first (new-to-me) '09 Audi A4 2.0T. She's not without a few 'ghosts' which have shown up in the past month of owning her, so I'm dealing with the thrill of German engineering (came from an '09 Tacoma) contrasted by my wife's "I told you so!" comments.

The Tacoma was great and far more utilitarian but I was ready for a swap and something that would fit the family and still have a 'cool' factor. All in all, I love the car - the burning issues are oil consumption (pun intended) and a few ghosts in the machine... one of which I'll make a post about.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys and receiving / offering support.

Best-
Mike
Welcome, Mike! I am sure there are some excellent "ghost hunters" here that can help you out.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pathguy
Welcome, Mike! I am sure there are some excellent "ghost hunters" here that can help you out.
Thanks! I did find a walkthrough on another forum, with photos. The only lingering question is, can I just pop in a new ignition and be on my way, or do my existing keys need to be synced / programmed w/ the new module?

Hopefully someone has been down this road.

Cheers!