New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Hey guys, again :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey guys, again :)

So I joined back in 2011

Was looking into the S4 back then as a possible progression for me. That never happened.

Quick car recap: I sold my 04 STI back in 2011 to get my wife a 2011 135i, I drove my wife's old car 03 Civic 4 door MT, 2014 135i lease was up and she got herself a 2011 Cooper S, I then came back to STI and picked up a 2015 STI. Her mini was totaled and now I am getting her a 2016 TTS. So we will have a 2015 STI (modded) and a .......................

Fast forward to 2016

I am currently in talks to scoop up a 2016 TTS with 104 miles on the dash for my wife as an early X-mas gift.

I will be paying for it but I cant mod it - sigh
"Happy wife, Happy life" lol

I think she might be open to cosmetic mods though. Will have to wait and see.

1 question for now - who can I contact to see about changing my forum name? Is that allowed here? I rather not like to have to make a new email address just so I can register with a new name.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Anyone?
Old 11-08-2016, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Currently, I don't own any Subies, but have had WRX and a Legacy GT(turbo, highly modded). Both were fun cars to drive, but on a long trip, it is hard to beat an Audi.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by N2Nalgas

1 question for now - who can I contact to see about changing my forum name? Is that allowed here? I rather not like to have to make a new email address just so I can register with a new name.

I would check in with Kris Hansen...he's the primary forum admin. and will tell you if that's possible.

Welcome back!
Old 11-17-2016, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thx guys

Nice Subie!

The TTS is nice and my wife loves it. I though, not a big fan to be honest. i think it is because of the size and also that was told I can Mod it. lol
Old 11-17-2016, 12:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You will love the TTS...

... with the same platform and similar characteristics as the S3 and Golf-R, this chassis is a wonderful car for canyon carving and sport driving in general. With respect to modding, it surely doesn't need more power unless all your fun time is on the track... I know, more power is always better.

However, you have a great opportunity to express your modification genes by spending money on driving schools or experimenting with different tires and pressures. The TTS is so good - it doesn't need any modding - although these cars can always be improved.

Congratulations...

Eric
Old 11-21-2016, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... with the same platform and similar characteristics as the S3 and Golf-R, this chassis is a wonderful car for canyon carving and sport driving in general. With respect to modding, it surely doesn't need more power unless all your fun time is on the track... I know, more power is always better.

However, you have a great opportunity to express your modification genes by spending money on driving schools or experimenting with different tires and pressures. The TTS is so good - it doesn't need any modding - although these cars can always be improved.

Congratulations...

Eric
Yeah, seems like that is the main feedback i am getting from others. To explore the car's limits on a track and to change up tires\wheels as needed.

I like modding cars so for me to not touch the engine bay is a big deal.
I can see bringing the car up to the TTRS level via modding properly - that's just me.

I am still not a fan of the size though. If i am going to drive a car this small then i might as well be driving a 911 (which i can't afford.... just yet)

It belongs to the wife, my x-mas gift to her to so i will let her enjoy it.

Thx for the feedback guys. I will keep tabs on mods that can be done so that if she changes her mind i already know what route to go.
Old 11-22-2016, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N2Nalgas
There is a contact us at the bottom of the page and you can send a message. I was able to change my user name as my old one was my name and I didn't want my full name on the forum.