New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Hi everyone!

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 02:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi everyone!

My name is Molly. I just bought a sweet little Moro Blue 2004 TT Roadster and am absolutely loving it after driving a minivan for 19 years. My husband and I have already put 1600 mostly top-down Alaska miles on it this last month and enjoyed every chilly minute. Such a romantic car and a blast to drive!

I drove VW Rabbits in my early adult years and had forgotten how much fun it is to drive a stick.

I've already found a lot of useful information and tips here and am looking forward to more. Hope to get to know some of you. )
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2015, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Molly, welcome aboard! It looks like Alaska is a great place for open top touring !! Name:  snow_zpsywtlrisb.gif
Views: 15
Size:  3.1 KB
Old 05-13-2015, 02:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 72 Likes on 72 Posts

Great choice for a car, and welcome to the club! Congratulations on your little sweet TT Molly! Hope it gives you years of trouble free service. Are you planning on doing some mods?
Old 05-16-2015, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks! Your photos gave me a laugh. Didn't have that problem this year though. We barely had any snow. I love global warming!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by carid
Are you planning on doing some mods?
Thanks for the welcome! I don't know what I want to do with my roadster yet. I'd never even heard of the TT before I saw this one, believe it or not. I didn't know what I was looking for, just wanted something small, sweet, fun, and fast! And manual. We had been scouring the car lots for a month and one evening we stopped at one we'd been to three or four times already. The guy popped out and said, "I've got your car! It's a TT!" A TT? It had just come in and they had it at their shop so I couldn't see it but I pulled out my ipad and googled it and was hopelessly smitten.

So now that I have the TT I've been reading everything I can find and checking out photos. I'm a bit of a design purist and I've seen the original concept sketches for the car and love the Bauhaus style. Although there is evidence that the car was in some kind of accident (slightly mismatched rear wheel panel and some tiny paint drips under the hood) everything seems to be OEM except the radio and the wheels, and it has smoked headlights. The wheels are kind of froofy IMO and don't match the style of the car. I'd like to find a set of the original six or seven spoke ones. Or the fat fives maybe. I want to keep the 17" size. I'd go to 18" but i don't know how well those would do on our roads.

What do you suggest for mods? I want to keep it classy and true to the designer's original concepts. I hate the lowered look so I won't do that, and I don't want it to look aggressive. I did see a photo of a denimcoupe that had wheels offset outside the fenders slightly and I liked that look a lot. It really complimented the lines. I'd love to shine up the engine and replace all the hoses. And I saw some stuff done around the exhaust pipes on some that looked sharp.

It needs some things repaired so it will be a while before I can do anything fancy, but should be fun when I get to it.

The car is a DREAM to drive. Somebody may have taken it up to 100mph on a short stretch of rural road recently, and it may have handled it perfectly with no effort at all maybe.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:47 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Molly, welcome aboard! It looks like Alaska is a great place for open top touring !!
It sure is (despite the snow ). Wednesday night we drove to Girdwood (ski resort town about 45 mins south of Anchorage). It's a gorgeous winding coastal drive with mountains rising straight up from the water. We're at the time of year when we're beginning to have twilight to the north all night but you can still see the stars. Of course the top was down. The mountains were silhouetted against the twilight and suddenly the northern lights began to appear above the peaks. We pulled into a lookout and just stared upward until our necks hurt. It was the most beautiful display I've seen since I was a kid--straight overhead in curtains rippling down all around and hints of red and orange and so bright. It was an hour of pure joy and pleasure and beauty and I felt extraordinarily blessed.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

We felt sorry for the people driving by in their vehicles with roofs who probably didn't even know what they were missing. I hope this car lasts the rest of my life!