New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

new to audi. B6 A4 1.8t quattro problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to audi. B6 A4 1.8t quattro problems

Hey everyone. So I'm very happy to own an Audi I've Been wanting one for A while now and finally found a good deal. I got a 03 A4 1.8t Quattro With 134k+ miles. Everything is fine except for two things. The first one my break lamps are always on when the ignition switch is on and do not turn on/off when pressing break pedal. But if The ignition is off and apply pressure to break pedal they work fine????? I've read it could be as small of a fix as a blown fuse? Or break switch. The second one is speedometer not working and it gives me a speed sensor code. Is this a do it your self or should I just take it to a mechanic. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-06-2015, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi there, Welcome & Best wishes on your new buy !
Old 03-08-2015, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Hi and welcome!

To turn your "break lights" back into brake lights, I would be looking to the globes in the rear light clusters. If a single filament globe has been put in the double filament location, it could cause issues (or even a blown globe which has shorted between the two filaments).
I doubt it's a blown fuse - that would prevent the circuit from working.

Your speed sensor for the speedo is usually located on the right hand side of the front diff/transaxle above the driveshaft flange IIRC (may be transmission dependent - correct me if I'm wrong people). Undoes with a Torx or Allen bolt - easy DIY once you locate it...
Old 03-09-2015, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks guys. so I purchased the speed sensor that goes on the driver side of the tranny above the cv axle but when I whent to replace it on my car the spot where it shows it should go had a cap semilar to the sensor but with no connectio port and when I took it out it was just a cap like a top off cap. I looked to see if I could find the harness but no where to be found? I might be looking at the wrong thing. But I did some research and on most pics it shows that same location. I attached pics of what I understand is the location and sensor. Again please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks for your input.
Attached Images   
Old 03-09-2015, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Which side is drivers side for you?
Have you checked the same location on the other side?

if you have enough posts, try asking in the B6 forum - you may get better responses.