New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

New SW Florida guy thinking of a TTS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 07:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SW Florida guy thinking of a TTS

Howdy,

Thinking of trading my 2015 C7 for a 2017 TTS. Joined to get some perspective on a TTS and how it compares "fun to drive-wise" to a tuned 2015 Mini Cooper.

Using the Mini for most of our driving. Mini is a great car to zip and scoot around town. Absolutely a blast to drive, C7 is a brute and I find myself driving it like a "cruiser" rather than a sports car.

Old adage "more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" seems to hold water. Trying to determine if the TTS leans more towards the Mini or the C7. Based on size, TTS is more MINI and performance-wise seems to split the difference.

Looking to capture the driving fun of the Mini (or much of it anyway) in the car I trade for. TTS looks like a contender.

Cheers
Old 09-23-2016, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome aboard, Looks like I'm just on the other side of the "alley" from you over here on the east coast of Florida. I found a lot of good info here when researching before I purchased my A7. My parents have owned a couple of Mini's in the past, an 03 Cooper and an 07 Cooper S, both manual transmission vehicles. I know exactly what you mean about the "fun to drive factor." There is just something about them that makes them so enjoyable to zip around in. Unfortunately I cannot speak regarding the TTS, which I love, but with two boys currently 1 and 4 it doesn't suit my needs. Coming from a prior GM owner one thing I did notice when trading my Escalade in on the A7 was the quality of materials used, and the overhaul fit and finish of the interior. I have owned quite a few GM cars in the past, but now after having a stint with MB and now with both daily's being a VW and Audi the quality is far superior.

Hope to see you around

Oh and judging from your user name it looks like a thanks for your service is in order..... Cheers