New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Ordered My First Audi A6!

Old 07-13-2015, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered My First Audi A6!

Well, first Audi in general. I have been waiting a long time and finally pulled the trigger and my 2016 A6 Prestige 3.0 TFSI is being built!

Mythos Black / Black Valcona Leather
S Line 19" 5 Double spoke rims.
Pretty much all packages except night vision.

I am very hopeful that the start/stop efficiency system will remain off once I turn it off. I have seen some posts on this and for some people it does and others it doesn't. I understand it comes default on Premium Plus and Prestige models so anyone else have experiences they can share.

In general, I will be checking out this forum for more details on literally everything and also recommendations on radar systems, dashcams, window tinting and remote starters.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Cool! Welcome and do post photos soon
Old 07-15-2015, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by cohencoinnich
Cool! Welcome and do post photos soon
Will do! Now I just need to wait the 12 weeks or so until it gets built and arrives at the dealership .
Old 07-15-2015, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by whatumean
Well, first Audi in general. I have been waiting a long time and finally pulled the trigger and my 2016 A6 Prestige 3.0 TFSI is being built!

Mythos Black / Black Valcona Leather
S Line 19" 5 Double spoke rims.
Pretty much all packages except night vision.

I am very hopeful that the start/stop efficiency system will remain off once I turn it off. I have seen some posts on this and for some people it does and others it doesn't. I understand it comes default on Premium Plus and Prestige models so anyone else have experiences they can share.

In general, I will be checking out this forum for more details on literally everything and also recommendations on radar systems, dashcams, window tinting and remote starters.
Welcome to the AW Forums and congrats on your A6.
Head on over to the A6 C7 forum and join in the discussions.

Apparently, with the MY2016 C7s, the Start/Stop software bit is set to default back to on when the car is restarted. If you buy a Ross-Tech Vag-Com cable, with their software (or find someone in our area willing to help you out), there is a way to reset the code to remember your last selection on the dash button. VCDS/Vag-Com can do many other mods as well. Do a search on the A6/A7/S6/S7 forums to locate the code change and Vag-Com in general.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the reply snagitseven. I read the posts about using the Vag-Com cable and seems pretty straight forward. Starting looking at the other forum and just absorbing it all.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello whatumean, fellow newbie myself, getting a diesel version without night vision. I am curious about tinting as well. My order was just placed and I expect delivery in October.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

For you guys waiting on your new car, do not buy any extras from the dealer like tint, paint protection or film. Find reputable installers in your area and save yourself at least half the price the dealer will charge. They use outside installers for these anyway but mark up the prices.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by whatumean
Will do! Now I just need to wait the 12 weeks or so until it gets built and arrives at the dealership .
It is WELL worth the wait whatumean ... did the same thing on March 21 and have been driving around in my wonderful 16" A6 3.0T since June 12 to give you a rough sense of how long it will take before you are behind the wheel, give or take a couple weeks.

And no worries with the stop and go, its pretty unobtrusive as it is, as Audi has continually tweaked the function over the last number of years, and in any event, its a breeze to switch off and as Snagitseven said you can Vag.com it too if it really annoys you, but give it a try for a month of so and see if you don't find you can easily adapt to it and turn it off easy enough when you wish. It's no big deal.

Last edited by Hulamau; 07-25-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:03 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SoFlDave
Hello whatumean, fellow newbie myself, getting a diesel version without night vision. I am curious about tinting as well. My order was just placed and I expect delivery in October.
I am looking into different options and in NJ, tinting of any sort in the front is illegal. I do see a ton of people with them and 35% would be the lowest I go although perhaps a 40 or even 50 given my car is black w/ black interior.

Although tints look really nice, I also want the protection they provide and am looking into tints from Wincos. Never heard of them but a detailing place I went to last week uses their film (along with a few others) and they supposedly provide a ton of protection even on the clear film.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
For you guys waiting on your new car, do not buy any extras from the dealer like tint, paint protection or film. Find reputable installers in your area and save yourself at least half the price the dealer will charge. They use outside installers for these anyway but mark up the prices.
Yup, already told the dealer not to do anything with the finish as I plan to get it done outside. I am looking to do the following and just getting quotes now as it does get expensive.

XPEL - Full hood, full fenders, mirrors and bumper
CQuartz - Entire car minus windshield

For now, my quote is $2550 for all of that so looking around at what others paid and at what places since the product is only as good as those who apply it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordered My First Audi A6!