New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

Returning to Audi after flirting with England

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2016, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning to Audi after flirting with England

Bit of a journey back to an Audi, but might be interesting. We're expecting our fist baby in September, causing me to trade in the two-seater I love, but rarely drive, now.

This coming week I'll be buying a 2016 S6 that was too close to my ideal spec to pass up - Sepang blue, black interior, black optic pkg, premium plus, driver assist pkg, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, LED headlights, Bose, sunshades, carbon inlays, and a few accessories. Can't wait.

My first German car was an '09 TT. 2.0T, FWD, and had an APR stage 1 tune, H&R springs, and ended up with 19" MSW wheels (couldn't afford nicer back then, but they looked good).

After 25k miles I admitted I wanted something more... raw. And manual. Enter a 2008 Lotus Elise. Went a bit crazy on this car, adding harness bar and harnesses, Lotus' stage 2 exhaust, and eventually a Vision Function stage 2 supercharger kit with an upgraded clutch and lightweight flywheel. Barely over 2000 lb, and 330 hp to the hubs. It was a monster, but it was way too rough with the sport package and exhaust. Kept it two years and moved up. Way up.
Bonus Lotus in this pic:

This is what I have for the next few days. 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. All black, but red calipers, and a manual transmission. Wired up a switch to kill the active exhaust (defaults fully open) and added sport cats. I'll never have a car that sounds this good again.

Have a listen:

It spent a year liquid wrapped purple, because why not, but it's all black again:

Hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I have. I'll miss a manual transmission, but I have a manual Subaru Impreza and Honda motorcycle for that now.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by diskreet
Bit of a journey back to an Audi, but might be interesting. We're expecting our fist baby in September, causing me to trade in the two-seater I love, but rarely drive, now.

This coming week I'll be buying a 2016 S6 that was too close to my ideal spec to pass up - Sepang blue, black interior, black optic pkg, premium plus, driver assist pkg, sport pkg, cold weather pkg, LED headlights, Bose, sunshades, carbon inlays, and a few accessories. Can't wait.

My first German car was an '09 TT. 2.0T, FWD, and had an APR stage 1 tune, H&R springs, and ended up with 19" MSW wheels (couldn't afford nicer back then, but they looked good).

After 25k miles I admitted I wanted something more... raw. And manual. Enter a 2008 Lotus Elise. Went a bit crazy on this car, adding harness bar and harnesses, Lotus' stage 2 exhaust, and eventually a Vision Function stage 2 supercharger kit with an upgraded clutch and lightweight flywheel. Barely over 2000 lb, and 330 hp to the hubs. It was a monster, but it was way too rough with the sport package and exhaust. Kept it two years and moved up. Way up.
Bonus Lotus in this pic:

This is what I have for the next few days. 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage. All black, but red calipers, and a manual transmission. Wired up a switch to kill the active exhaust (defaults fully open) and added sport cats. I'll never have a car that sounds this good again.

Have a listen:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - sport cats - YouTube

It spent a year liquid wrapped purple, because why not, but it's all black again:

Hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I have. I'll miss a manual transmission, but I have a manual Subaru Impreza and Honda motorcycle for that now.
This is a great post! Welcome, and congratulations on the new baby and Audi! This is my first automatic as well, but thankfully, we still have our Jeep Wrangler for that
Old 06-22-2016, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pathguy
This is a great post! Welcome, and congratulations on the new baby and Audi! This is my first automatic as well, but thankfully, we still have our Jeep Wrangler for that
Thanks

Just got this pic from the dealer. Picking up on Thursday after work.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Finally took delivery of the car. Unfortunately it was a downpour driving home, so I took it extremely easy, but I got a few shots before leaving the dealer.

Thanks Audi West Chester!