New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

A tragic ending but also the beginning of something better hopefully

Old 05-26-2015, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A tragic ending but also the beginning of something better hopefully

Hi everyone, I never ever post on these new member or intro threads because I usually like to get to the point but I feel like a bit of intro is need as to why I'm on this thread.

I recently bought a brand new 2015 Lexus IS 250 F Sport shown here below, its not the fastest car of its class or for the money but it was reliable and looked "purty" to me.

Unforunately, 5 month later to now, my car is totaled from the historical flooding that has happen in Houston, Texas

My car was in this garage to the left of that white 350Z (not shown) because I can't get to it

So that is that, the car is totaled nothing electronic works and i'm 99% the engine is fried but still waiting for insurance appraiser to check it out and if he says other wise I'm gonna have a fit.

I have always wanted an Audi, as matter of a fact I was going to get an A5 last year but the new lexus IS design caught my eye and I use my car MAINLY as a DAILY DRIVER, so I figure I don't need a fast car just a reliable car but low and behold this thing happens and the Lexus is dead . Now I'm pretty much set on getting an Audi although I will admit I have always had Japanese cars and most of the German cars are relatively foreign to me and so I thought I'd best get acquainted with these cars before I buy a new car and style (European) that I've limited knowledge on.

Questions:
1.I have my eyes set on a couple Audi's including A5, S4, S5 though I'm not sure what to pick from there other than that is has to be an automatic. Again this car is meant to be a Daily Driver, I do not and will not race these cars as I think its stupid though it never hurts to have a little bit of fun when driving.
2. My second concern is what are the reliabilities relatives to other German cars? I did a quick search on Audiworld and Audizine and nothing really concentrate with some say BMW>Audi, other say Audi=BMW in term of reliability. I'm not expecting it to be a Lexus but I would expect to drive the car fine for the next 4-5 years from the time I bought it.
3. Third is CPO vs Used, would everyone generally agree that CPO is worth the money and will save you money the long term? I'm planning to get either a 2015 or 2014 CPO/USED later this year but I'm not sure which way to go, or I could get a brand new A5 as another option.
4. Fourth is aftermarket mods, are there generally limited mods for A5/S5? I'm not looking for anything crazy may be just a diffuser+front lip+wheels. I have goggled this a bit but it seems everyone of these thread use very foreign abbreviations that doesn't really tell me if it'll fit in which year model or not.
5. Lastly would the rims I have on my lexus fit on a5/s5? The specs are

VELGEN VMB5 Matte Gunmetal Front: 19×9 w/Pirelli P1 Plus 235/34R19XL, Rear:19×10.5 265/34R19XL

Also would the best time to buy an Audi around new years or it doesn't matter since it'll be a CPO/Used car? Hope this wasn't long
Old 05-26-2015, 08:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Since you seem to be most interested in the A5/S5, you should post ove in that forum. Not much activity here.
One answer: your wheels will not fit. Different bolt pattern and likely wrong hub diameter. Offset would prob be an issue as well.