A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

tranny, torque converter, or both

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny, torque converter, or both

first of all, Hello everyone, I'm very new to forums, and just figured out how to post a thread, (I hope), but I can use some help...
I'm posting from N.J. and I recently bought a 2004 A6 Quattro to later find a trans issue. From a stand still, the car would launch very slow and gradually come to normal speed, but run fine in reverse. this has gotten worse, and started leaking trans fluid.
from what I read in the forums, it's the torque converter, but I'm wondering if the transmission has been damaged as well... I don't wanna change the converter, then have to have the shop go in again to swap the trans... likewise, I don't wanna pay for a trans if I really don't need it...
thanx for reading this, and any help and feedback would be awesome
Old 06-27-2016, 07:44 AM
Head Cat Herder

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome, sorry to hear about the transmission woes. A couple of questions - where is the leak coming from exactly? There are a few places it can leak.

Are there any odd noises? Any clunks? Are the PRNDL all lit up as one, or are they still individual blocks? Any transmission fault codes?

Quick Reply: tranny, torque converter, or both