New Member Welcome Area We've gathered the info you need if you are new to the AudiWorld forums

two destination charges

Old 05-03-2015, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default two destination charges

First I was charged $890 for destination charges, which I understand because it's on the window sticker and is part of MSRP. But the dealer added a second transportation charge ($590) to transport the car to my dealer from dealer in another state. Is this common? The window sticker says the car had a point of entry in Houston and was transported by truck to my dealer, with no mention of an in-between stop. I think I was very gullible on this one--especially since I got less than 2% off sticker. Am I a poor negotiator? Don't answer--I know I didn't do a good job.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by FirstGear
First I was charged $890 for destination charges, which I understand because it's on the window sticker and is part of MSRP. But the dealer added a second transportation charge ($590) to transport the car to my dealer from dealer in another state. Is this common? The window sticker says the car had a point of entry in Houston and was transported by truck to my dealer, with no mention of an in-between stop. I think I was very gullible on this one--especially since I got less than 2% off sticker. Am I a poor negotiator? Don't answer--I know I didn't do a good job.
Did you agree to have the car come from another dealer? If not, I would challenge the dealer on the second charge. If you don't get any satisfaction, call AOA and make them aware of the charge and that it was not disclosed to you in advance. If the car was ordered with no discussion of a dealer to dealer transfer, you have a very good case to take the dealer to small claims court if AOA does not help.

You would also be better served to post this in the appropriate model forum.