**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 07-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The owner of this blue E92 M3 has had me do several of his cars in the past before as well. This time he brought me his car to have me lightly smoke/tint the tail lights on his car. Sorry for the before/during pictures, the lighting wasn’t as good, but hopefully you can see how the tail lights look like in the after pictures. The owner of this car was around Newport Beach are and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange county to have the tint work done. It’s a fairly light shade, which gives it a very factory look.

Before:

Driver/left side stock - passenger/right side tinted:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Former Vendor

I did quite a bit of work on this white Mercedes Benz C class C250 coupe. The owner of the car had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim with my gloss black vinyl material. In addition the window trim, I also lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights and blacked out the center lower portion of the front bumper in gloss black as well. Even though the car was still relatively stock, these small subtle changes still changed the look of the car quite a bit, without making it look overly modified. It’s as if it could have come from the factory this way. I believe the owner of this car was from Riverside and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

Driver/left side tinted/smoked - Passenger side stock:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-25-2014, 01:36 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this black BMW 3 series E92 coupe had me black out the chrome/brushed aluminum on his window trim in my matte black vinyl. We went with matte black over gloss black on his car to give it some contrast. Blacking out the chrome makes a big difference, especially on a black car that doesn’t have any other chrome accents on it. If anything, the only other thing I would have blacked out as well would have been the amber reflectors in the front bumper. The owner of this car drove out from Los Angeles to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-27-2014, 11:30 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this alpine white BMW E92 M3 sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material. The black roof really completely changes the look of the car, as you can see in the before/after pictures. The vinyl gets tucked in every where along the roof, rails, and antenna, during the installation. This makes sure that the roof holds longer over time and to the elements. The owner of this car was also in Orange County and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 07-29-2014, 09:03 PM
Former Vendor

I’ve had requests from people to post some more pictures of interiors that I’ve done. This is on a BMW F10 5 series sedan that originally had brushed aluminum/silver trim accents in the car. The interior trim on this car is different than most other cars, since the interior trim pieces have an edging around the trim pieces, which you can see that I left unwrapped in the pictures. Also, most interiors I’ve done in the past were with the 3M dinoc matte carbon fiber material, however, the owner of this car wanted me a finish that was slightly glossier and blacker, so we went with with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish. In addition to his interior trim, I also did his rear bumper diffuser piece in the same material. The owner of this car was from Pomona and drove out to me in Anaheim Hills, Orange County to have the work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-01-2014, 10:17 AM
Former Vendor

Typically people have me lightly tint/smoke their tail lights with my film, but the owner of this white Audi A4 sedan had me light smoke/tint his head lights instead. The tint is actually fairly light, so it doesn’t affect the light output from the head lights onto the road by any significant amount. I’ve done this for several cars in the past, and most owners have reported to me that the light output was fairly the same or any light output difference was fairly insignificant from their perspective in the car. The owner of this car drove out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the work done. In addition, having the film on the headlights will protect it from rock chips and also fading/hazing that typically happens to head lights over time.

Before:

Passenger left side - stock :: Driver/right side - Tinted/smoked

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 08-06-2014, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor

For those who are keep track, I may be making my last norcal trip for the year either the first or second week of September. I haven’t finalized it, but once I do, I’ll make an official thread for it. However, those who e-mail me ahead of time will get priority registration for setting up appointment times with me.

The owner of this brand new white Mercedes Benz E250 sedan had me wrap his roof in my gloss black vinyl material and also black out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim in the same finish to match. I would have also done the rear trunk bar chrome piece to match, but the owner of this car wanted to leave it I believe. The black roof and blacked out window trim sets it off from the other E classes on the road, but without making it look too modified. It’s a very factory look, in my opinion.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Former Vendor

Here's a white Audi B8 that I vinyl wrapped the roof, hood, and bumper in my matte black finish/material. The owner of this car wanted to continue the theme down from the roof to the center raised section of the hood and the center section of the bumper. I thought it looked pretty cool, and it actually ended up making the car look wider. The owner of this car was in San Diego, and I happened to be down there in the area already from Orange County, so I dropped by and did some work on his car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Former Vendor

Here are some pictures of an Audi A4 B8 that I lightly tinted/smoked the tail lights on for the owner of this car. The owner of this car also had me cut the clear portion of his reverse lights out on his tail lights. The lights may appear slightly darker in these pictures, but I only use a light shade when tinting tail lights, to give the cars a factory or OEM+ look as I would call it. Typically on lighter colored cars, the tail lights may appear slightly darker vs darker colored cars due to the contrast.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 09-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Former Vendor

This black Audi A4 B8 came by to have me black out the chrome / brushed aluminum window trim that came with his car. The owner of this car was also around in Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to get the work done. In the before pictures, you can see my X5 in the background with black window trim, so that may also kind of give you an idea of how chrome and non chrome window trim looks like side by side on black cars. For this car, we went with my gloss black vinyl material over the matte black material and I think it turned out fairly nice. The car had a metallic finish to it, so the gloss black still stood out against it even though it was gloss black as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install