Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Regional & ACNA Discussion > North America Discussion > NorCal Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-16-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 281277

Default Cost of extras for new Audi A6 through Audi Stevens Creek, San Jose

Hi folks,

I recently bought a black/black Audi A6 3.0T, and I love it. I think I got a pretty good deal on the car, but the dealership sold me some extras. They were a bit expensive in my opinion, but I still have the option to cancel a couple of them. So I would like expert opinion from you guys.
I got the following extras:

1. AudiCare - the dealership charged me $960, but I noticed on the Audi USA website that the MSRP is $860. The salesperson told me that the price went down recently. I find it unlikely, but I think I got ripped off by $100. I hear that AudiCare is worthwhile to have.

2. Window tint - I paid $980 for the tint, and my impression was that this is an extra service added on to the Audi Care. I got vague responses from the dealer when I asked about it, but it looks like they just got it done through a local third-party at a 100% mark up ! I got screwed - oh, well :-(

3. IBEX interior & exterior protection ($985) - I got it mainly because my boys are capable of messing up and even damaging the interior, so I like the sound of the 7-year coverage. I read somewhere that their exterior protection is hokum. The protection treatment costs about $300 if I go to a third-party.

4. R.O.A.D InTire tire and wheel plan ($923) - this sounds like a good deal considering that this is a 5-year plan, and the provider, IAS Warranty, Inc has decent reviews. They will also reimburse unused portion if I decided to sell the car before 5 years. I got the 19-inch wheels (sports package) on my A6, which could be expensive.

5. Paintless dent repair plan ($554) - I got it mainly because it's cheaper, but I am not sure if this is worthwhile considering that they will fix dents smaller than the size of a credit card.

6. I was going to get the clear armor / clear bra, but they quoted $1695. I found a place, which does the same for $750 (53 5-star reviews on Yelp).

So I was wondering what you think of the tire and wheel plan and the paintless dent plan. I have about 2 weeks to decide and cancel these plans for a full refund. I drive the A6 for about 50 miles on freeways on weekdays mainly to commute to work. I park in a garage at home and in a covered garage at work, but there is construction work going on near where I work. So I am concerned about road hazard a bit.

What do you guys think? Do you have any experience with IAS w.r.t wheel and tire plans and paintless dent plan? Should I keep them?

Thanks in advance,
Sam
coolsam2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 AM   #2
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 279985

I just bought a Q7 at Stevens Creek about a month ago. I went with the paintless dent repair as well. I'm hoping I don't get any dings since I'm careful with where I park, but you never know right? I'm just considering it prepaid ding removal.

I'd talk to the finance person about the Audi Care. This happened to me as well. It costs $860, but the dealership charges a $100 premium. I'm not sure why, but the only dealership I've dealt with who does this. I got this adjusted by them...

I have no experience with the Wheel hazard, but it looked like there were a lot of exclusions. Seems to me there are a lot of "outs" on their end, but this is solely my opinion, not based on any personal experience.
SFBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement