Cost of extras for new Audi A6 through Audi Stevens Creek, San Jose
I recently bought a black/black Audi A6 3.0T, and I love it. I think I got a pretty good deal on the car, but the dealership sold me some extras. They were a bit expensive in my opinion, but I still have the option to cancel a couple of them. So I would like expert opinion from you guys.
I got the following extras:
1. AudiCare - the dealership charged me $960, but I noticed on the Audi USA website that the MSRP is $860. The salesperson told me that the price went down recently. I find it unlikely, but I think I got ripped off by $100. I hear that AudiCare is worthwhile to have.
2. Window tint - I paid $980 for the tint, and my impression was that this is an extra service added on to the Audi Care. I got vague responses from the dealer when I asked about it, but it looks like they just got it done through a local third-party at a 100% mark up ! I got screwed - oh, well :-(
3. IBEX interior & exterior protection ($985) - I got it mainly because my boys are capable of messing up and even damaging the interior, so I like the sound of the 7-year coverage. I read somewhere that their exterior protection is hokum. The protection treatment costs about $300 if I go to a third-party.
4. R.O.A.D InTire tire and wheel plan ($923) - this sounds like a good deal considering that this is a 5-year plan, and the provider, IAS Warranty, Inc has decent reviews. They will also reimburse unused portion if I decided to sell the car before 5 years. I got the 19-inch wheels (sports package) on my A6, which could be expensive.
5. Paintless dent repair plan ($554) - I got it mainly because it's cheaper, but I am not sure if this is worthwhile considering that they will fix dents smaller than the size of a credit card.
6. I was going to get the clear armor / clear bra, but they quoted $1695. I found a place, which does the same for $750 (53 5-star reviews on Yelp).
So I was wondering what you think of the tire and wheel plan and the paintless dent plan. I have about 2 weeks to decide and cancel these plans for a full refund. I drive the A6 for about 50 miles on freeways on weekdays mainly to commute to work. I park in a garage at home and in a covered garage at work, but there is construction work going on near where I work. So I am concerned about road hazard a bit.
What do you guys think? Do you have any experience with IAS w.r.t wheel and tire plans and paintless dent plan? Should I keep them?
Thanks in advance,