Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Regional & ACNA Discussion > North America Discussion > NorCal Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Account #: 149

Default FasTrak question: Can you use an old transponder with a newly purchased car?

I have a transponder and account already, but I've just purchased a new car. But I'm not allowed to add the new car to the transponder on file without a license plate # and I won't have the new number until I receive the new plates.

I'd like to be able to drive the new car and not have to go back to paying cash in the interim.

I'll be giving FasTrak customer service a call tomorrow, but anyone have any experience with this same issue?

TIA.

GONE, but never forgotten.

"But the man who can most truly be accounted brave is he who best knows the meaning of what is sweet in life and of what is terrible, and then goes out undeterred to meet what is to come." - Pericles, 431 B.C.
RogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Account #: 107437

Default Yes. (or we did when we got our Golf)

Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 AM   #3
Account #: 7236

Default It will work fine. The system takes photos if it doesn't sense a transponder.

'01 A4 1.8T QMSXP
'92 Jetta GLI 16V - stock
'86 GTI 8V - 300,000 miles as of 12.16.2002 - departed
Arnold D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 9

Default free toll :D Yeah just hold the transponder up and go less than 40mph -depending on how good the

batteries on the transponder are. If it doesn't beep, you got free toll although you'll have a mugshot on file 25mph will always make it beep.

How we added a couple of cars on my wife's transponder is we went a little too fast and they sent us a friendly reminder with very clear pictures. No fines, just add the info on the transponder and mail back.
Audiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:30 PM   #5
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 2117

Default Since you called them today, you now know to report the new car...(nt)

DD (CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 24081

Default It doesn't work well in the lower corners of the windshield of my GTi...

works best laying on the center of the dash or mounted up high behind the rear view mirrror.
'08 Audi S6
andrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:56 AM   #7
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 27280

Default fastrack is self-service online...

lawong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:50 PM   #8
Account #: 149

Default I think people aren't understanding what I'm saying.

The problem: I want to add my new car to my existing FasTrak account and transponder, but FasTrak requires a license plate number to do so. But since it's a new car, and I have yet to receive my license plates, I can't add the car to the account (at least online.)

My question is, has anybody been in this situation and what have they done about it? Do you just suck it up and go in the cash lane until the plates show up? Do you just use the old transponder and say, "oh well" if the bridge's transponder system is down? (This is actually what I've done the last couple days as I figure there's no way to track you down if you don't have your plates yet.)

I've actually been busy at work the last couple of days so I haven't had a chance to call the FasTrak customer service line. I just want to hear what other people in this situation have done.

GONE, but never forgotten.

"But the man who can most truly be accounted brave is he who best knows the meaning of what is sweet in life and of what is terrible, and then goes out undeterred to meet what is to come." - Pericles, 431 B.C.
RogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 10:42 AM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 2117

Default ^^^Too honest

:-)

Blow through there man...

DD
DD (CA) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM   #10
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 24081

Default I was in the same situation. Just use the FasTrak - you'll be fine.

When you get your license plates, you can just update your info online.
'08 Audi S6
andrec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
add, adding, auto, beep, car, cars, detect, fast, fastrak, license, new, plate, plates, track, transponder, vintage