Friggin' great!!! Stuck in the damn A/B class again. What a bunch of crap...

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friggin' great!!! Stuck in the damn A/B class again. What a bunch of crap...

may as well go out there in my Tundra. Thinking of cancelling the Sears Point ACNA event. I'm SOO sick of being stuck in the damn slow class. Hopefully, if I go, I get an instructor that will get me signed off. This F*CKING SUCKS!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Sucks. How many times have you been? They generally don't sign off on these types of events?

It'll be my second event, plan on getting signed off, but would love to have an instructor or anyone who knows their stuff to do laps with me, always!
Old 08-29-2005, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default ummm not to rain on your rant, but

Are you so sure you don't want an instructor anymore? The "C" group doesn't get nearly (if any) personalized instruction 1:1 with someone the entire weekend. Why would you NOT want that?

Not knowing anything about your driving ability, style, skills, etc the only suggestion I have is to appreciate the instruction, suck it up, take all comments and use them wisely, grasshoppah.

The day you're signed off is the day you'd better have memorized every damn pebble, groove, pavement change and inflection on that track, coz "ain't no on there to talk you around and get you out of those dicey situations" anymore....

Seriously, I have (counted em once) about 50 days in the track-seat in 4 years, and I STILL want an instructor if possible to ride with me. Always. You NEVER know enough.

An old grizzy NASA instructor said once "missy, you finally got turn 2 down (Thrill Hill, the fun one you can powerslide thru)... now go do it 1,000 times more, THEN we'll talk about number 3!". It's true, if you count the total number of hours or miles we've really tracked.... most of us are pure n00bs compared to some of these guys....

-my 2 bits.

/off soapbox/
Old 08-29-2005, 02:54 PM
AJG
AudiWorld Super User

Default If your driving skills warrant being in the C group, they will quickly promote you.

So . . . don't sweat it. Just get out there with your instructor, show him that you are safe and worthy of advancement, and ask him to promote you. If you do all of that, he will promote you after one session.

Andrew
Old 08-29-2005, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default How many events again? Total number of days? and have you been to Sears before...

It has a lot of walls to contend with...
Old 08-29-2005, 03:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Well, I got signed off at my last driving school...

But I agree with quattrogirl and look forward to having an instructor in my car for Infineon.

If I get signed off again, great, if not, I still have an opportunity to drive on one of the greatest tracks in the US.

I definitely don't want to do the first sessions without someone who knows their way around that track. I can always pick up lots of pointers unique to my particular car, such as a different turn in or maybe a later apex than the cone.

I know your yellow S4 is very fast, but I don't think the walls of Infineon are where you want to find you exceeded your limits.

I would prefer to not run in your group if I can. My car is very slow and I wouldn't want to slow you down.

Peace!
Old 08-29-2005, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Happy Bday!

I stalk, so I know.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I just woke up

yacking iz teh svck!
Old 08-29-2005, 04:07 PM

Default I know....and I understand that. I think it's just the confident side of me. I KNOW there

is A LOT more for me to learn. But I was under the impression that in the C group you get a instructor the first half of the day. If you get signed off, you go the rest of the day without. I have NO problem being in the A/B group except the fact that the other people slow me down. I'd LOVE to keep the instructor like you said. That's NOT what bothers me. It's the inconsistency. I don't care if I'm last in C, at least I can stay consistent in speed. Thanks for the words of wisdom. Those are the best I've heard. I enjoyed seeing your car at the San Jose GP...looked around for ya, but didn't see ya.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Hey...I agree with you 100%...I think I'm just venting as to the fact that...

I want to be able to get into the C group if instructor allows. But the conversation I have had with a certain someone, they act like I would NEVER get there and continue to think they know all about MY driving and MY car. Oh well, like you...I'll enjoy the instructor and the opportunity to drive Sears Point. See ya there!!

Quick Reply: Friggin' great!!! Stuck in the damn A/B class again. What a bunch of crap...