Kinda funny story ( long and not really Audi related)...

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda funny story ( long and not really Audi related)...

Except for the fact that I was driving my 4KCSQ at the time so there you go. Anyway.....

I was coming to work yesterday in Walnut Creek, and while coming down my street I found a PG&E truck blocking my lane (it's a 2 lane street and he was facing across it as he had just come out of a driveway) while waiting for a lady across the street to move so that he could turn around or park. The driver paid no attention to me as he was busy screaming at the lady across the street move so he could get going. Well I sat there for a minute before finally tapping the horn to get his attention so that I could get going too. He looks up and starts yelling at me to STFU and throws me the finger to boot. Nice, huh? Well had it just left it at that I would have just moved on but the guy couldn't leave well enough alone.

Finally the lady across the street moves and he gets out of my way. I drive maybe another 20 feet and stop at the stop sign. I then see the guy in my rearview walk out into the street waving his arms in the air and shouting for me to come back and get some and that he is going to kick my ***. All this because I had the audacity to honk at him for blocking the street. Well at this point I had had enough - and this is where it gets funny (at least to me).

I looked back and wrote down his truck # and then cracked my window and told him "I have your truck #, and I know your boss." He continued to yell and make threats and likely thought I was full of it.

Interestingly enough, a very good friend of mine IS a regional supervisor for PG&E in the area. Well I got to work a few minutes later and gave him a call and told him all about it. Less than 1/2 hour later he called me back to review the incident. I asked him if he knew the driver of the truck and he replied "He's right in front of me.". I didn't find out what happened after that but my friend was none to pleased to hear about it when I called, and I'll ask next time I see him.

I can only imagine the guy who was acting the fool thinking to himself "Yeah right you know my boss!" and then finding himself hauled into his office less than 1/2 hour later. It amused me to no end.

Anyhow, maybe people should reconsider how they treat others (on the road or anywhere) you never really know who your dealing with. You could get shot, or you could get fired. You never know.

J.
Old 10-04-2005, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Jason, FYI I have an anger management course I teach at my practice in Belmont.

Sounds like you could be a good source for referrals!

Keep on Truckin!
Old 10-04-2005, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Hey...just wanted you to know...that bed you sold me is DA BOMB

Love it.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Default Another story like this...

When cable modem service just started..I was very familiar with the CFO of @Home Network..the precursor in this area for Comcast. Anyway, I was having really poor experience from @Home with my install...long story..short version..it didn't get set up for days. Anyway, I mentioned it to my CFO buddy on Friday afternoon..and he made a few calls late afternoon on Friday...Saturday morning at 9am I had FIVE @Home service trucks with probably eight guys working on my install. AND, the Area VP called me from his daughters softball game to make sure everything was proceeding as requested. It was...and I was totally stoked. Helps to have friends in the right positions.
Old 10-04-2005, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

used bed or new? My friend is looking for a new bed - might as well get fellow Audi owner some work
Old 10-04-2005, 02:49 PM

Agreed....so keep being nice to me. ; )
Old 10-04-2005, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default New. I manage Mancinis Sleepworld in Walnut Creek...

I can get your friend a good deal too. If you want to get the AW hook up call me here Sat-Tues
(925)932-9200.

Jason

P.S. Glad you liked yours Steve, if you need anything else let me know.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Another story...

As most of you know, my car is either possessed or really broken, so it has been at Lasher Audi for the past four weeks. Well, I am friends with the owner of the Lasher Dealerships so I gave him a call a couple weeks into it. I just heard today that he had been down there chewing everyones asses for not getting the car done fast enough and he won't be very happy when he hears I had to send it back. Serves 'em right for trying to BS me into thinking my stereo equipment was the problem for everything.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:06 PM

What bed did you get?
Old 10-04-2005, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Ok..will do man..thanks again......

Quick Reply: Kinda funny story ( long and not really Audi related)...