Atlantic Audi - Incredible experience

Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Atlantic Audi - Incredible experience

I’ve had a long and somewhat painful history with Audi over the last 14 months that was finally turned around by some incredibly talented, dedicated and honest people at Atlantic Audi. As my 2010 A6 was constantly at Atlantic’s superb service department for a variety of problems including a broken timing chain, I began to realize that my car might be a lemon and began getting frustrated with the weekly visits to get things fixed. Because of the great service and customer support I had received with the service department at Atlantic, I decided to bring my issue to Justin Haynes, the General Manager of the dealership. Justin took the time to patiently listen to my 14 month long saga of purchasing several A6’s that had major problems, and dealing with horrendous and poorly managed dealerships such as Anchor Audi, Audi Smithtown, Audi Huntington, and Palisades Audi over that time period. He sympathized with me when he learned how many times I had been cheated, lied to to, and ripped off by these sleazy and unprofessional dealerships.

Justin empathized with all the troubles I had encountered and recognized my continued commitment to the Audi brand despite constantly receiving subpar service and poor reliability. He became the first person involved with Audi to tell me they understood my problems, that they recognized my loyalty, and would take swift and meaningful action to rectify all that had gone wrong. Justin made some phone calls to local Audi management and Audi of America to explain my ongoing situation, and long story short, was able to get me into a brand new 2013 A6 for a very agreeable price, while minimizing my loss on the 2010 trade. Even with all the stress and responsibility of running a dealership, Justin always took the time to return my phone calls or answer my endless emails about the deal. I was truly impressed with his dedication to customer satisfaction and superior skills in problem resolution. Justin proved to me that Audi truly cares about their customers and that dealerships such as his are 110% dedicated to their customers.

Justin handed off the case to Eric Outcalt, the internet manager, who arranged for me to test drive a 2013 A6 overnight, handled my millions of questions about financing vs leasing the vehicle, and spent a good deal of time locating the exact car that I was looking for. He eventually found the car in Pennsylvania, and took it upon himself to have the car professional trucked to Long Island instead of putting 100+ miles on the car by driving it. Like Justin, Eric was always available to take my phone calls or respond to emails quickly and with decisive answers. He made an incredibly noteworthy effort to ensure the deal went smoothly and held my satisfaction as his overall priority. During delivery, Eric had the car professionally detailed and had it waiting inside the showroom as a snowstorm had come through the area a few days earlier. He delivered the car in absolute 100% immaculate, perfect condition. I’ve never seen a car so clean and perfectly detailed in my life. Eric spent lots of time explaining all the gadgetry and electronics of the 2013 A6 and ensured that I was familiar with every button and every function the car could perform. Eric was the absolute epitome of what a sales consultant should be. His overall performance should be used as a model for how other sales consultants (in any field) should conduct themselves and treat their customers.

I’ll also mention Gregg, the Business Manager, whom I met during the delivery process. I’ve never been fond of the Business Manager or “F&I guy” at dealerships, and generally try to get in an out of their office as quick as possible. However, Gregg had a genuine, interesting, concerned demeanor that reflected his extensive knowledge of the auto business, appreciation of Audi, and dedication to customer satisfaction. He was able to delicately walk the fine line of gaining more profit for the dealership while also ensuring the customer is treated fairly and with the utmost respect. For the first time ever, I actually enjoyed my time with the “F&I guy” and probably lingered in his office more than I should have, as he had other business to attend to. I really appreciated Gregg’s honesty, great personality, candor, and respectfulness to my status as a loyal Audi customer.

After this entire experience with the service and sales department at Atlantic Audi, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good deal on a car, without the BS at the other Audi dealers on Long Island. Atlantic treats their customers with dignity and respect, and will go out of their way to make sure a customer is 110% satisfied with every aspect of their purchase. Atlantic’s operation is polished and refined, and should be modeled throughout the NYC area, especially to the plethora of pitiful, sleazy, and backhanded Audi dealerships on Long Island. Whomever is responsible for this territory should take this review to heart, and hold Atlantic Audi to the “gold standard” of dealerships, using their operation as a way to clean up the other Audi dealership trash out there. Justin Haynes, the general manger, has done an incredible job in hiring the right people, making himself available to customers, and running a truly first class Audi dealership. Anyone who is looking for a new or used Audi should certainly go to Atlantic first. As someone who has learned more about Audi and Audi dealerships that I ever thought possible, I promise they will treat you well and you will be satisfied.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How is their service department?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

My experience with any of these dealers is hit or miss depending on whos your contact..
I've dealt with most of the Long Island dealers and its a crapshoot.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by camrnlendy
After this entire experience with the service and sales department at Atlantic Audi, I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a good deal on a car, without the BS at the other Audi dealers on Long Island. Atlantic treats their customers with dignity and respect, and will go out of their way to make sure a customer is 110% satisfied with every aspect of their purchase.
Thank you very much for this info! I am looking into the A3 and any advice I can get is very appreciated. I'll keep this in mind when I start the process, and I'll check out Atlantic Audi!