Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Community Discussion > Off-topic Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-28-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 45027

Default Columbia Sportswear BT: What is the velcro strap on the Hood used for?

Picked up a nice Columbia Jacket that has the removable hood on it, and it appears to have a velco strap on the hood...what's it for?

Is it just used to adjust the overhang of the hood?

What direction does your Political Compass Point?

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else." Teddy Roosevelt

Shawn Head
Current Ride:
'07 Kona Jake

Past Audi's:
'01.5 A4 1.8tqms Pelican Blue
'97 A4tqms Laser/gray
'91 V8q Pearl/Nautica
'86 Coupe Gt Tornado Red

"You're hearin' the shotgun clickin' and I'm going" PRICELESS!!!

How does the Dow Jones Industrial Average Look?

Mr. Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:58 AM   #2
Account #: 43580

Default You got the black folks version, it's to help hold the hood on

87 MB 300TDT - Euro Corners

Past:
00 A4 1.8TQM - Traded In & Parted Out
98.5 A4 1.8TQM - Totaled

AIM: Tapper74
--------------

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench. A long plastic hallway where pimps and thieves run free and good men die like dogs. There is also a negative side"

In Memoriam Dr. Hunter Stockton Thompson
July 18th 1937/1939 - February 20th 2005

--------------
DC Dawg (Married) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
AudiWorld Super User

Default It's on the outside...not the inside..

sheesh...

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all... The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic... There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else." Teddy Roosevelt

Shawn Head
Current Ride:
'07 Kona Jake

Past Audi's:
'97 A4tqms Laser/gray
'91 V8q Pearl/Nautica
'86 Coupe Gt Tornado Red

Old 10-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #4
Account #: 154207

Default does the hood roll up and hide inside of the neck part ?

i think one of my columbias has this and it tightens the rolled up hood so it fits inside of the colar

LN3^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 181

Default i've had one for a long time & still can't figure it out

it would make sense, but it doesn't work to secure the hood in the rolled up position. at least, i can't see how to use it that way.
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:10 PM   #6
AudiWorld Super User

Default Negative...It has a thin wide strip of velcro w/buttons to hold it too the neck...

and then a single pice of velcro attached to the back of the hood with another strip attached to the top. It seems to be an adjustment device of some sort...

Shawn Head
Current Ride:
'07 Kona Jake

Past Audi's:
'97 A4tqms Laser/gray
'91 V8q Pearl/Nautica
'86 Coupe Gt Tornado Red

Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #7
Account #: 154207

Default i'm at a loss

LN3^2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
AudiWorld Super User

Default Found it!

<b>Question</b>
<i>What is the Velcro tab on the back on my hood used for? </i>

<b>Answer</b>

We are glad you asked! The velcro tab on the back of your hood is called a "volume control tab". The purpose of this tab is to adjust the fit of the hood to your desired preference. To tighten the hood, pull the velcro strip down toward the collar and attach it to the velcro strip on the hood; to loosen the fit, separate the velcro tab and resecure it higher up on the hood. This feature will adjust the position of the hood from front to back when it is pulled over your head.

The volume control tab on the hood is sometimes mistaken for a strap to roll up the hood into the collar; however this is not the intended use of this feature.

Shawn Head
Current Ride:
'07 Kona Jake

Past Audi's:
'97 A4tqms Laser/gray
'91 V8q Pearl/Nautica
'86 Coupe Gt Tornado Red

Old 10-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 30105

Default Who cares? Columbia's outerwear is ****e...

Overly priced and just bad "technical" clothing.

snoogins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #10
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 181

Default Thanks! It works as described.

It definitely fits/looks better when adjusted properly. I haven't used the hood much to this point, but probably will use it more in the future.
slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 12:50 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
back, collar, columbia, hood, jacket, kona, roll, rolled, rolling, sportswear, strap, strat, tab, velcro, video