Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Community Discussion > Off-topic Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-15-2003, 08:03 PM   #1
AudiWorld Founder
Account #: 2

Default Voyeurweb and Redclouds members... please read

Can anybody tell me how those sites have managed to build up a business the way they have. I mean I like amateur **** as much as the next guy, but I like seemingly infinite return business opportunities even more!

This is an internet based business (low overhead) with relatively small fixed costs (data center and some development) which probably spends more on bandwidth than anything else. But rather than have to produce any original content, THE MEMBERS CONTRIBUTE THE CONTENT DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY.

Imagine if the company you worked for no longer had to spend time, money or resources actually producing a VERY SOUGHT AFTER product, bur rather provided a public forum where people would simple GIVE the product away to other people, all the while allowing your company to charge fees as a distributor for the product. Wow.

Thoughts? Are there any other businesses like that in the world?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:06 PM   #2
Account #: 43735

Default I don't know, but those two guys (Asher and Igor, or something like that) must be making decent cash

randomguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 42337

Default I see a "www.pr0nworld.com" in JET's future

:-P

It isn't necessary to be rich and famous to be happy. It's only necessary to be rich.

My first account: 19360

Now: 2006 S2000

Gone:
2004 1.8T, Dolphin/Ebony, 6M, Sport, Premium, Lighting, Cold, Infotainment

Gone:
2001.5 Brilliant Black/Ecru 1.8TQMS, 17" Celebration/Sport, GIAC Chip, E-Codes, Borla, Strat SS, and alot of audio goodies.

And I want to fit in so I'll put this in my sig:
Monster, now w/ Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:09 PM   #4
Account #: 439

Default sex sells....

FWIW, Jason, I know for a fact that Geocities Corporate, right before the Yahoo! takeover, was looking at Audiworld as a premiere example of how communities are built, and grow on the internet, and then integrate that into our very real lifestyles.

But anything sex sells, you know that, I know that, and everyone knows that. If you have people contributing to build a site where the content they contribute is the very thing people seek, day in, day out, then it would be a successful model.

Audiworld just isn't needed universally like naked women, especially since men deem nothing wrong with looking at naked women every second, where women frown upon looking at equal quantities of naked men.

I know of one guy (attends track events) who has built a successful business that collects data from server software that he distributes free, in exchange for the data that the server product collects and then receives revenue from distribution of that data back to the companies for a fee.

But he gives away the product free, which in turn, collects the data that he sells to the very clients that run the software.
jyoteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:15 PM   #5
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 196

Default isn't audiworld primarily driven by member-contributed content?

I think those pr0n sites have a huge danger of copyright infringement when they are using content from unknown users.
britoki (Brian T) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 08:18 PM   #6

Default I bet they have a disclaimer/contract releasing them from copyright infringement. They can probably

hunt down the person who contributed copyrighted images.

Same thing goes for Audiworld. How do they know images that are posted on here for public viewing isn't copyrighted?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:23 PM   #7
AudiWorld Expert
Account #: 13345

Default ill send you pics of me for your site.

wearing nothing more than a smile and a feather boa.
please consider it.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:24 PM   #8

Default Then access isn't going to be free, is it?

Old 01-15-2003, 08:40 PM   #9
Account #: 38286

Default It's the "community" vibe to it.

Old 01-15-2003, 09:41 PM   #10
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 15117

Default There are. I can't tell you more with out a ND agreement.

I'll get **** for this, but I'm working on something. In fact it's legitimate and doesn't deal with ****. I'm in the research phase making 100% I'm not over looking something.
S4_Obsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2003, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
bbmemberlist, free, girl, homeclips, legitimate, model, password, redclouds, site, socal, tt, username, voyerweb, voyeur, voyeurweb, website