Notices
Parts For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your part's appropriate model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi A7 FS: RS7 wheels + ContiSport tires - 275/30/21

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$2400 shipped US domestic.
Old 10-21-2016, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

GLWS, but this has to be some kind of record for "longest posted ad with no sale". Especially since it can impact the actual useful life of the tires themselves and for the safety of the buyer of the item.
Tire Tech Information - Tire Aging ? Part #1

Last edited by raj99; 10-21-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by raj99
GLWS, but this has to be some kind of record for "longest posted ad with no sale". Especially since it can impact the actual useful life of the tires themselves and for the safety of the buyer of the item.
Tire Tech Information - Tire Aging ? Part #1
lol, thanks for the comment. The tires/wheels haven't been used for over a year, so tread remains the same.

Again, AO Conti tires off 2014 RS7. So they're no where near "dangerous operating conditions"...only a couple yrs old and in great shape.

Last edited by The_Capt; 10-26-2016 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by The_Capt
lol, thanks for the comment. The tires/wheels haven't been used for over a year, so tread remains the same.

Again, AO Conti tires off 2014 RS7. So they're no where near "dangerous operating conditions"...only a couple yrs old and in great shape.
2014 model means the tires could be from 2011-2013. So they are already 1/2 way passed their usable life, as per manufacturer spec.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

2014 model means the tires could be from 2011-2013. So they are already 1/2 way passed their usable life, as per manufacturer spec.
Could be....hmm, ok. Not sure I follow your logic, but you're entitled to it.

Thanks for the unwelcomed comment...wow.
Old 10-26-2016, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Could be....hmm, ok. Not sure I follow your logic, but you're entitled to it.

Thanks for the unwelcomed comment...wow.
Let me help you with the logic...your wheels came off a 2014 vehicle, which was most likely manufactured in 2013. The tires are not manufactured at the same time as the vehicle and sometimes the tires can be manufactured a year if not 2, before DOM (date of manufacture) of the vehicle. Hopefully, that clarified things and why the effective life of the tires could already be past halfway.

I suppose my comment is appropriate for an item you've been attempting to sell for almost 2 years and it offers folks looking to buy some insight regarding degradation of the tires...and one of the real values of the AW forum is the sharing of information with each other. Like I said good luck
Old 10-26-2016, 10:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Let me help you with the logic...your wheels came off a 2014 vehicle, which was most likely manufactured in 2013. The tires are not manufactured at the same time as the vehicle and sometimes the tires can be manufactured a year if not 2, before DOM (date of manufacture) of the vehicle. Hopefully, that clarified things and why the effective life of the tires could already be past halfway.

I suppose my comment is appropriate for an item you've been attempting to sell for almost 2 years and it offers folks looking to buy some insight regarding degradation of the tires...and one of the real values of the AW forum is the sharing of information with each other. Like I said good luck
Look here troll. There's two things I can't stand more.....1)passive aggressive people eg. ******, 2) those who come across with an air of arrogance ala "know it all". Your tact is uncouth, and unappreciated.

Your original post began with....GLWS followed by but..... which immediately negates any 'good luck' previously stated....then you go on some diatribe of tire manufacturing knowledge and declare it's likely unsafe to drive on them.

I've had these checked out a few months ago by Discount Tire, and they didn't advise of any unsafe considerations to be aware of.

I appreciate this being an enthusiast forum, and there are folks who are knowledgeable in certain areas more than others. Let's be frank though, there's no waay these tires off a 2-3 yr old car with 70-80% tread are unsafe so just drop that ridiculous thought.

However, it's really the fact you had no good intention at all to jump into this thread other than being a grade A know-it-all *****.

Am I jumping too hastily to make a characterization of you?.....my bad, I thought that's how you like to roll. Take abstract notions, and spew them as fact. You don't know when these tires were exactly manufactured just as well you don't know who's going to win the World Series. You're a damn troll, and I love to kick trolls off their damn bridges. :-)

Last edited by The_Capt; 10-26-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Look here troll. There's two things I can't stand more.....1)passive aggressive people eg. ******, 2) those who come across with an air of arrogance ala "know it all". Your tact is uncouth, and unappreciated.

Your original post began with....GLWS followed by but..... which immediately negates any 'good luck' previously stated....then you go on some diatribe of tire manufacturing knowledge and declare it's likely unsafe to drive on them.

I've had these checked out a few months ago by Discount Tire, and they didn't advise of any unsafe considerations to be aware of.

I appreciate this being an enthusiast forum, and there are folks who are knowledgeable in certain areas more than others. Let's be frank though, there's no waay these tires off a 2-3 yr old car with 70-80% tread are unsafe so just drop that ridiculous thought.

However, it's really the fact you had no good intention at all to jump into this thread other than being a grade A know-it-all *****.

Am I jumping too hastily to make a characterization of you?.....my bad, I thought that's how you like to roll. Take abstract notions, and spew them as fact. You don't know when these tires were exactly manufactured just as well you don't know who's going to win the World Series. You're a damn troll, and I love to kick trolls off their damn bridges. :-)
Call me whatever you please, but I'm not the one trying to sell the same set of used wheels for almost 2 years and has to defer to name calling and other vices to feel superior... Fwiw, I've actually contributed content to this forum, whereby about 1/2 your total posts have been in regards to hustling your wheels.

Lastly, I never said the tires were unsafe, all I did was link to information regarding tire manufacturers recommendations for effective use. Enjoy your wheels
Old 10-27-2016, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Call me whatever you please, but I'm not the one trying to sell the same set of used wheels for almost 2 years and has to defer to name calling and other vices to feel superior... Fwiw, I've actually contributed content to this forum, whereby about 1/2 your total posts have been in regards to hustling your wheels.

Lastly, I never said the tires were unsafe, all I did was link to information regarding tire manufacturers recommendations for effective use. Enjoy your wheels
Buzz off troll....