Notices
Parts For Sale - Archive (NO NEW POSTS HERE) This section is sortable by model. Please include the prefix for your part's appropriate model when posting.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Audi Q5 Subwoofer/Amplifier "plug & play" kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer/Amplifier "plug & play" kit

Selling my amp/subwoofer setup which I ran on my non-B&O 2011 Q5 for about 15k miles with no issues. This includes a JL HX300/1 amplifier mounted on a factory plastic bracket (not used on non-B&O Q5s), and a B&O subwoofer box (has a larger stock woofer than non-B&O) fitted with an Earthquake SWS-6.5x woofer. Power wires are high quality 8 gauge (purchased separately, not as part of a cheap kit) with crimped gold-plated connectors.

All of the wiring is configured for a fully reversible install. Signal wire plugs directly into the fuse box, negative bolts up to the factory negative stud in the battery area, and positive bolts up to an unused terminal in the battery box, and uses a factory 20amp fuse. Speaker inputs have audi pins allowing them to be swapped with those in the factory amp output harness. Speaker outputs have pins and a plastic connector allowing for the use of the factory subwoofer cable. Absolutely no visual difference from stock once installed, doesn't require any splicing/cutting of any sort, and 100% reversible.

I never turned my subwoofer past 4 clicks in MMI as the amp obviously provides much more power than necessary for a 6.5" woofer. That being said, this would also be a great setup if you're looking to upgrade to a larger enclosure in the future, as all you'd have to do is connect the new sub to the amp out wires.

I have additional photos and can provide tips/assistance for the install.

Asking $400 shipped.