Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions
Old 09-06-2016, 08:55 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C6) Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

A6 C6 Brake Upgrade. Lambo, Porsche or other Audi S or RS options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6 C6 Brake Upgrade. Lambo, Porsche or other Audi S or RS options?

Hey guys
Ive been wanting to do a brake upgrade on my car. Im aware of the out of box options like stoptech & and Brembo GT kits but dont really have the budget to dish out close to 5k. Ridiculous if you ask me.

Anyone know what calipers (porsche, lambo or other S or RS audis) woukd fit and with what rotor would be a direct bolt on?

I read of a Jetta using R8 calipers! So
there has to be some setup out there for the A6.

Any info would be awesome.

Thanks Guys
Old 03-29-2015, 06:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call Chris @ Force5 Audimotive in Concord NH

I think he had a set of GT2 front brakes recently with 15" calipers. I may be wrong about the Porsche model but I was pretty sure about the rotor size, I think they were 6 piston and Brembos. You may have to make brackets to make it work, but they should be sufficient to stop anything but a 6000lb S8 limo from 190mph. I don't know a think about 2000 and on Audis but if you require electronic features for your braking system, these will probably not work 4 u. I was led to believe that these brakes could be had for less than the 5k you mentioned. Good luck. If you just need a good set of 6 piston calipers and free floating rotors - look or advertise in Grassroots Motorsports, I have found many hi quality almost new racing parts thru them. You should also ask yourself if these brakes are cosmetic upgrades or whether you will actually upgrade susp. and engine to the level that you really need them. I have a vehicle weighing 3000lbs, Quattro, and 500AWHP with a top speed of over 170, and I run 4 piston Wilwoods with 13" free floating rotors, braided line and good DOT fluid with no problems on street or track (for what its worth U probably have enough brakes) and it always stops and doesn't fade. Cosmetic and functional are two different animals and are sometimes not priced the way you would think. I would highly recommend free floating rotors as part of your upgrade or even if you stay with stock calipers. Some companies (should be very reputable to do this) can make brackets to allow the same calipers and larger rotors, if u do this be sure the work is done right. Good luck
Rod