Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Low power related to fuel pump?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low power related to fuel pump?

Hi this is my first time posting and im really hoping someone can lead me in the right direction. I've read a lot on here and some people have helped me a lot in fixing things. I however have a problem I can find by searching.

I have an audi a4 b7 (2007) 2.0 turbo Quattro stock. 6 speed manual.

Here's what's happening
Upon acceleration I get up to speed slowly at first then it grabs a bit at higher rpms 3-4k n spikes but is the same delay each gear even when I floor it. Sounds like turbo lag right. Well that's rare to even notice in the standard. So upon doing my cam follower and new spark plugs I wentvrit a test drive and I had Instant response from the pedal with what felt like 30% more intense ecceleration. Spark plugs fixed it.
Parked it for a week, and surprise the low power is back. Hmm. So only other thing I played with was fuel pump. So it has to be related to that or sensors.

Last night I pulled my pump fuse and stared the car and let it idle until it stalled to lower almost all my fuel pump pressure and bleed it. (trying to recreate what I did the first time) I put the fuse back in , started the car and went for a rip. Ta da way harder and faster acceleration with instant crisp response time from the pedal.

Just not sure where to start to figure out what It could be. Parts or sensors. pump, rail, pressure, sensors. I don't know where to guess or diagnose from here.
And vag com experience to tell me what to look for? (I have one coming)