Performance and Tuning Discussion forum for various performance tuning techniques and questions

Slow to boost after bi pipes and darintake?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow to boost after bi pipes and darintake?

Long time listener, first time caller....

03 a6 BEL 2.7t tip. stage 1 ECU, forge diverters. All else stock except for the recent darintake mod and larger bi pipes

So I did the darintake and put some bigger bi pipes on and now it seems like it doesnt build boost like it used to. Kind of hard to explain with it being a tip tranny. Before, at around 33% throttle, boost would come on strong at 3-3500 rpm. Now, I have to be at 75% or more to hit full boost. It still is there, but it *seems* like I have to push the throttle down much further to get there. At first i though it was a boost leak so I tightened all the intercooler piping and took it for a spin. Didn't really change anything. Is it possible that the n75 valve is the culprit? Maybe since there is more available air, the car doesnt need to boost to deliver the requested throttle position at lower rpm? Basically before, in order to match throttle request the car needed to boost, and now, with the available air, iits doing the same work n/a? Is that reasonable? I don't have vag software. Only *diagnostic* tool is a p3 vent gauge and its difficult to see where I'm hitting full boost when full throttle. Any advice? Am i crazy? lol thanks in advance for any help/direction.