Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 05-02-2015, 12:31 PM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a returning customer who had me previous lightly tint the tail lights on his E92 M3. This time he had me come back to do the tail lights on his Audi V10 R8 as well. The film that I use is a fairly light shade, which is dark enough to give it a nice noticeable change and also still maintain a factory/OEM look. The owner of this car was in Irvine/Orange County near where I was so I dropped by his house to do the tail lights for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-08-2015, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor

Doing a simple modification such as blacking out the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim on a car can make a world of a difference in the way it looks. Blacking out the chrome window trim makes the car look both sportier and also cleans up the lines of the car. Most people say black roofs look the best on white cars, but black cars look the best with their chrome pieces blacked out. For this black Audi S5 coupe, I blacked out the chrome window trim with my gloss black vinyl material. The owner of this car was from Newport Beach and came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 07-08-2015, 05:39 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this silver/grey Mercedes GTS AMG coupe came by to have me black out the chrome badges and emblems. I plasti dipped the rear emblems, front hood emblem and the star on the front grill. For the chrome horizontal slats on the front grill, I wrapped those in my gloss black vinyl, to match the gloss black grill that they were attached to already. The owner of this car was from Orange County and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the plasti dip and vinyl work done. I like the way the hood emblem turned out. The details in the emblem were not lost after being plasti dipped. The matte finish gives it a more interesting look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 10-07-2015, 07:10 PM
Former Vendor

It’s been several months seen I have had a chance to post some pictures. Been extremely busy, so haven’t had a chance to post some of the work/cars that I have been doing. The owner of this white Lamborghini Hurrican brought his car by to black out the amber reflectors on the front and rear bumpers of the car. In addition to blacking those pieces out, I also plasti dipped the rear Lamborghini badge in matte black to basically get rid of the only chrome piece on the vehicle’s exterior. Overall, the work done was fairly simple, but these small changes still changed the look of the car up and gave everything a nice black and white color scheme. The owner of this car brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the vinyl and plasti dip work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 10-16-2015, 01:45 PM
Former Vendor

This is a longer post than usual, but it’s because the owner of this white Audi B8 A4 sedan had me vinyl wrap the roof of his car in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material, lightly tint his tail lights, and had the lower diffuser portion of his rear bumper wrapped in the same 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber material.

I included a in progress picture of the rear tail lights in one of the pictures with one side being tinted and the other side not tinted, to give you guys a better idea of how the differences are actually like side by side to each other.

It was a bit difficult to get a good picture of the lower rear bumper diffuser with the 1080 3M carbon fiber wrap, but I did what I could to capture the carbon fiber pattern in the material. This is a really nice subtle touch to the rear end of the car, to give it a slightly more aggressive look, while still having it blend in and flow with the rest of the car’s factory lines fairly well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 12-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Former Vendor

The owner of this white Audi A7 sedan brought his car in to black out the chrome window trim pieces that were on the car. We went with the gloss black finish to give it a factory look, which I think turned out fairly nice. The gloss black went well with the already lightly tinted windows and also the gloss black roof wrap as well. The owner of this car was from around Orange County as well and came out to me in Anaheim Hills to have the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Former Vendor

For this black Audi A6 sedan, I actually went out to his location in Newport Beach / Orange County to do some vinyl work on his vehicle. The owner originally requested to simply have the front grill wrapped in gloss black. However, after blacking out he front grill, he also decided if I was able to black out the chrome on top of the door handles and also the chrome window trim. I didn’t take pictures of the window trim, since the car was in the garage. However, I did take pictures of the door handles, showing the before and after.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 01-27-2016, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor

Even though the majority of the cars that I work are newer or brand new, it doesn’t mean that I don’t have some older ones come in to get similar vinyl work done on their cars as well. The owner of this black Audi S8 sedan, which I believe is called the D2 chassis, had me black out the chrome window trim, mid section chrome trim, black out the front upper and lower chrome grills, and lightly tint the head lights. Most of the work done doesn’t really detract away from the factory look of the vehicle to the point where it looks aftermarket. The blacked out trim and lightly tinted lights are subtle enough that I think most people would not think twice that it was added or after market. The owner of this car drove from San Diego to me up in Anaheim Hills / Orange County to have the vinyl car wrap done.

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-05-2016, 09:10 AM
Former Vendor

This is quite different from my typical wraps that you see me posting. However, it is still a service that I offer that many probably do not know about. The owner of this older blue Mustang needed to have some cut graphics / decals installed on his lower rocker panel area. The car itself is not a actual GT500, from what I was told, but I don’t know too many details or anything about older Mustangs unfortunately. He brought his car to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Cerritos to have me install the graphics on his car. So for those who have graphics or decals that need to be installed, feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 02-08-2016, 10:31 PM
Former Vendor

Surprisingly, this is becoming more of a common occurrence, even on fairly new cars (5-7 years old). I used to see this kind of issue more on Hondas and Acuras, but apparently a lot of black BMW E60 5 series have been showing up with similar issues in their paint. This black BMW E60 550 sedan had me wrap the roof of his car in my gloss black vinyl material to help cover up the oxidizing and fading factory paint. The gloss black wrap is a fairly close match to the gloss jet black finish of the BMW’s factory paint, making this a cheaper alternative to having to repaint the whole roof. The owner of this car came out to me in Anaheim Hills / Orange County from Oceanside / San Diego to have the vinyl wrap done on his roof.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install