Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Audi RS Q3 leaked photos and video

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audi RS Q3 leaked photos and video

While looking at new P-car GT3 pics came across these news with pics of the final product. Wont translate as no other new info leaked, just new pics and vid:
http://autohullut.fi/etusivu/autospy-tama-on-audi-rsq3/
Attached Images  
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

A few more details at Autoweek.com ...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEVA/130219794

Not quite the performance numbers I was expecting. And still no official word on US availability, either, although the AW staff doesn't sound very optimistic. I suppose a 6MT in the 2.0T is too much to ask as well.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compare?

Originally Posted by HotRodW
A few more details at Autoweek.com ...

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...NEVA/130219794

Not quite the performance numbers I was expecting. And still no official word on US availability, either, although the AW staff doesn't sound very optimistic. I suppose a 6MT in the 2.0T is too much to ask as well.
Hi there...off topic but I notice you also have a BMW X! (M) in your garage. I just leased a non M BMW X1 after having my A3 for 7 years..LOVED my A3...my X1 is "OK" but I miss Audi...How would you compare your experience with your X1 compared to, say, your Q5? I am almost wishing I had waited just a little longer for the Q3 to come out...
Old 02-10-2014, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nealcp
Hi there...off topic but I notice you also have a BMW X! (M) in your garage. I just leased a non M BMW X1 after having my A3 for 7 years..LOVED my A3...my X1 is "OK" but I miss Audi...How would you compare your experience with your X1 compared to, say, your Q5? I am almost wishing I had waited just a little longer for the Q3 to come out...
Well, I'm already car shopping again if that's any indication. As soon as the right car comes along, the X1 is gone. The car itself is far from great, but BMW's customer service has been even worse.

I was ready to purchase and had grown tired of the endless Q3 delays. I narrowed my choices to the allroad and X1. I felt the allroad was overpriced (and still do), and on paper the X1 was ideal for my needs, and a better value to boot. Obviously I made the wrong decision. In hindsight, I should have chosen the allroad despite the price premium, or better yet just waited.

The M Sport's ride on the runflats was harsh and stopping distances too long, so I quickly ditched them in favor of conventional rubber. It's much improved, but the suspension is still too firm at times. The ride quality is tolerable on most asphalt surfaces, but worn concrete can be downright punishing. Making matters worse, the car tends to porpoise over expansion joints, occasionally even resulting in woozy passengers. It's too bad you can't sample every type of road surface during even the longest of test drives. Gas mileage has been quite disappointing, and like many other BMW owners, I've also had problems with the annoying but inconsistent throttle delay. In fairness, the X1's AWD system is much better than I expected. Too bad it's not enough to overcome the car's (and manufacturer's) many faults.

Last edited by HotRodW; 02-10-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Banned

Hopefully these colors will be available for purchase, not just on the test models. I guess we'll see!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HotRodW
Well, I'm already car shopping again if that's any indication. As soon as the right car comes along, the X1 is gone. The car itself is far from great, but BMW's customer service has been even worse.

I was ready to purchase and had grown tired of the endless Q3 delays. I narrowed my choices to the allroad and X1. I felt the allroad was overpriced (and still do), and on paper the X1 was ideal for my needs, and a better value to boot. Obviously I made the wrong decision. In hindsight, I should have chosen the allroad despite the price premium, or better yet just waited.

The M Sport's ride on the runflats was harsh and stopping distances too long, so I quickly ditched them in favor of conventional rubber. It's much improved, but the suspension is still too firm at times. The ride quality is tolerable on most asphalt surfaces, but worn concrete can be downright punishing. Making matters worse, the car tends to porpoise over expansion joints, occasionally even resulting in woozy passengers. It's too bad you can't sample every type of road surface during even the longest of test drives. Gas mileage has been quite disappointing, and like many other BMW owners, I've also had problems with the annoying but inconsistent throttle delay. In fairness, the X1's AWD system is much better than I expected. Too bad it's not enough to overcome the car's (and manufacturer's) many faults.
Yikes! I was in a similar situation...I really had to replace my A3 quickly...I deliberated between the X1 and a Tiguan which I actually really liked; sort of a "poor man's Q3"?... At least I can make a move after my lease is up (3 years)...I opted against the M Sport more because I wanted a tan interior and the M didn't add alot I really valued (except maybe the paddle shifters!) so it sounds like I made the right call there as I do a ton of urban driving here in LA...The Allroad looks amazing but it was a big leap to that from what I'm paying for my X1...