Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Homelink in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 07:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelink in 2016?

I know the 2015 Q3 did not have a homelink, but I cannot seem to find any details on whether or not the 2016 Canadian Q3s will be getting one. Does anyone know?

I am looking forward to the new Q3, but there are a few items that I will find annoying: (1)No homelink?; (2)No memory seats; (3)No sunglasses holder; (4)Old style key; (5) MMI control placement; (6) Old engine + 6-speed (7) No heated rear seats; and (8) Floor mounted gas pedal. I understand it is an entry model, but I just hope the list does not get any longer. We just wanted a smaller vehicle than our Q5, it is just too bad it just has to skimp a bit...

I came across this video that shows a homelink, but am not sure if it is standard and I cannot find it on the spec sheet or as an additional item on the Technik trim I ordered.

See 9:38 in the viedo:
Old 07-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Homelink can be port installed or aftermarket.
Old 07-30-2015, 05:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I haven't seen the literature, but I was told my my local Audi dealer the MY2016 has homelink. Sorry, I live in the U.S. so I don't have any information on the Canadian model, but I suspect if the U.S. model has this, the Canadian model would also have it.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Ocranius
I am looking forward to the new Q3, but there are a few items that I will find annoying: (1)No homelink?; (2)No memory seats; (3)No sunglasses holder; (4)Old style key; (5) MMI control placement; (6) Old engine + 6-speed (7) No heated rear seats; and (8) Floor mounted gas pedal. I understand it is an entry model, but I just hope the list does not get any longer. We just wanted a smaller vehicle than our Q5, it is just too bad it just has to skimp a bit...
1) Homelink available as port/dealer installed option for about $300 US.
2) That is a definite bummer if you constantly switch drivers.
3) There is a cubby with lid just south of the headlight switch. Big enough for glasses and more. 8:34 in the video.
4) Had the new style on last car and wasn't that impressed. The old style HVAC controls bother me more ;-)
5) IMO, given the seat height in relation to the center console, they work better on the dash.
6) Works fine. Power fine. Mileage fine. There are many here and on other forums that like to obsess over that. Not a problem.
7) Not Canada friendly there.
8) I didn't even notice 'til I read your post. Personal preference or something else?

The Q3 is very aggressively priced, but not seeing skimping so much as oversight. Cheaper in many respects than the new A3. I've found a lot to like about the car since we got it. The only thing that continues to annoy is the lack of memory seats (which my S3 doesn't even have). Mileage continues to improve and the ride quality and noise levels are fantastic.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the input!

It is a shame that the homelink is a dealer installed option. When you have to jump for it as an add-on, it is hard to justify the $300+ charge. I wonder how easy it is to buy and install oneself?

I really do not like the floor mounted accelerator pedal as it just gets messy during the winter. I am obsessive about keeping salt from staining the carpets; even the weathertechs cannot prevent it with this style pedal.

Maybe this is every car manufacturers' technique for moving people up the range instead of down...

Originally Posted by LavaGrau_A3
1) Homelink available as port/dealer
installed option for about $300 US.
2) That is a definite bummer if you constantly switch drivers.
3) There is a cubby with lid just south of the headlight switch. Big enough for glasses and more. 8:34 in the video.
4) Had the new style on last car and wasn't that impressed. The old style HVAC controls bother me more ;-)
5) IMO, given the seat height in relation to the center console, they work better on the dash.
6) Works fine. Power fine. Mileage fine. There are many here and on other forums that like to obsess over that. Not a problem.
7) Not Canada friendly there.
8) I didn't even notice 'til I read your post. Personal preference or something else?

The Q3 is very aggressively priced, but not seeing skimping so much as oversight. Cheaper in many respects than the new A3. I've found a lot to like about the car since we got it. The only thing that continues to annoy is the lack of memory seats (which my S3 doesn't even have). Mileage continues to improve and the ride quality and noise levels are fantastic.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Ocranius
I really do not like the floor mounted accelerator pedal as it just gets messy during the winter. I am obsessive about keeping salt from staining the carpets; even the weathertechs cannot prevent it with this style pedal.
Great White North! lol
Where are you in Canada?
I hear you on that. I lived for several years at a 2,900 ft. elevation in the Catskill Mountains (high for New York State) on a steep private dirt (not town maintained) road. A typical winter was snow on the ground from Thanksgiving thru Easter with as much as 30 inches in a single snowfall. Couldn't get any deliveries from like early December until April, so we all had to get all the fuel, etc done in October at the latest. I often wondered what would have happened if I needed an ambulance - grim thought! Ugh!
In my experience with older cars I have had, a floor mounted pedal can freeze up as well - nice!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

The video seems to be taken at an Audi dealer in Sacramento CA. The narrator says the upholstery is leatherette. To my knowledge all Q3's sold in the US have leather seating surfaces - hmmm?
Old 08-05-2015, 07:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I have Homelink on my 2016 Q3
Old 08-05-2015, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

In the video from the OP (a US spec 2016 Q3 Premium Plus) Homelink is shown as an option on the window sticker at $295. You gotta stop the video and go back and forth slowly to see it but it is there. Also, the 2016 Audi Order Guide shows Homelink as an option (in Black or Silver to match the headliner I assume) in both premium Plus and Prestige trims.
Old 08-20-2015, 07:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 Q3 arrived

So I picked up the Q3 today and a couple other quirks caught me off guard:
1. There is no smart key access on the rear doors! This is a blatant cost saving measure that is very disappointing.
2. The mirros do not automatically fold when the car is locked. Does anyone know how to activate this? My Q5 has an option under Central Locking in the Car menu, but there is no such option on the Q3. I have the power folding mirrors on the Technik trim, but I can only fold them in manually by rotating the mirror **** on the door. This should be something simple to turn on!!!

Also, my Canadian dealer is not aware of any dealer installed homelink, so it appears that this option is only in the US. Seems kind of odd how US dealers would be told about it and not Canadian...

Any advice is much appreciated!

Cheers

Quick Reply: Homelink in 2016?