Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Honest Q3 review from a first time Audi owner

Old 05-17-2015, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just tommy Q3 in for it's 5k service. They gave me a new Q5 as a loaner (it still did not have plates). The rear storage was slightly larger. The vehicle was much longer. I passed up parallel parkings that I would have comfortable with in the Q3. The MMI on the Q5 is down on the dash which I did not like. I like the Q3's on top of the dash. The Q5 had a holder in the dash to place ithe key, which I did not understand as it was also keyless. The Q5 did have memory preset for drivers seat, unlike the Q3. That is not an issue with me as I am the lone driver in my Q3. Even then, I seem to readjust the seating in my car every two weeks. So a preset would not work for me.

Over all, I would still choose the Q3.
Old 05-18-2015, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

me too, unless it was the SQ5, but I'd still choose the RSQ3
Old 05-19-2015, 02:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

As a new A3, and Audi in general, owner, the Q3 is quite interesting to me. But I'm mostly turned off by the underpowered engine it comes with. Why doesn't it have the A3s 2.0T motor? The difference in torque is considerable and would likely help the Q3 out a lot.
Old 05-19-2015, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by drpham81
Yeah. I should've coughed up some more money and got the Q5.
Should have taken a few test drives first I think!
Old 05-21-2015, 07:52 AM
SCJ
AudiWorld Member

Default Decided to wait for the 2016

Originally Posted by riggles
As a new A3, and Audi in general, owner, the Q3 is quite interesting to me. But I'm mostly turned off by the underpowered engine it comes with. Why doesn't it have the A3s 2.0T motor? The difference in torque is considerable and would likely help the Q3 out a lot.
Now you know why some us decided to wait for the 2016!
Old 05-21-2015, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Order guide is out. Same drivetrain as 2015 for US. Check the "2016 Q3" thread.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

...I would not recommend the Q3 to anyone. Unless you got to have this styling, stay away.
Originally Posted by NorthValley
Should have taken a few test drives first I think!
Boy, ain't that the truth.

In reality the OP's post reads like the ultimate troll post, seemingly designed to rile up the crowd. If that's not the case, then the OP must be brain-damaged to have purchased a car that doesn't suit them.

If they test-drove the car at all and bought it anyway, they must not have been paying attention, in which case they deserve what they got.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by ZCD2.7T
Boy, ain't that the truth.

In reality the OP's post reads like the ultimate troll post, seemingly designed to rile up the crowd. If that's not the case, then the OP must be brain-damaged to have purchased a car that doesn't suit them.

If they test-drove the car at all and bought it anyway, they must not have been paying attention, in which case they deserve what they got.
Troll post like yours baiting a for response. Sure, I'll bite.

It fits my wife's needs because she loves the styling.

Other than that, it is still a ****ty car.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Troll post like yours baiting a for response. Sure, I'll bite.

It fits my wife's needs because she loves the styling.

Other than that, it is still a ****ty car.
My wife and I test drove the car and looked it over pretty good.

But if we could have had it for a weekend, we would have passed. The rear seat legroom in small, smaller trunk area and no memory seats would have been the reason why and yes we knew about no memory seats, but felt that it could be added later on and we were wrong. It also didn't come with Homelink but that was added down the road.

It does drive great and I like the looks, but not having some features would have been the deal breaker.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

LOL. I won't bite either. However, after six months of ownership, I love this car.

Storages space: in the past six months I've mostly driven it empty of storage except for two trips to Disneyland. Storage was not an issue. (I would rather drive a small car empty all year than a large car empty)

Engine: the motor is peppy. At metered freeway on ramps where the lights release two car at a time, I seem to always be ten cars lengths ahead of the other car released at the same time at the end of the on ramp.

Back seats: my kids are 11 & 13. Perfect size.

MMI: Does its job perfect. (Analogy - I am happy with Windows 7, 8.1, and have no desire to upgrade to 10 when it comes out so I can have the latest, and I am an IT person)

Bottom line; "On size does not fit all". This Q3 "shoe" fits me. I out grew my TT, but that does not mean I can criticize it, it was a great car. That shoe just no longer fits and it was not the TT's fault. That's why I shopped, researched, and thougyyht it out. Very simple; if the Q3 does not fit, get a Q5/7, Mazda, BMW, Mercedes, Equinox, Edge/Explorer, Hyundai, Kia, or what ever.

Last edited by miTTch; 05-29-2015 at 08:01 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Honest Q3 review from a first time Audi owner