Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Is the Q3 selling in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kbh
Our car is arriving at the dealership today for prepping. We are picking it up tomorrow evening. Prestige in Cobalt Blue with brown interior. Will post some pics once it is home!
CONGRATS! I'm curious, why did I take so long to deliver it to you? I ordered my Q3 Prestige/Chesnut in December and got it two weeks later. I'm thinking it is because I live in San Diego and that is the port they unload them?
Old 02-26-2015, 02:04 AM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by miTTch
CONGRATS! I'm curious, why did I take so long to deliver it to you? I ordered my Q3 Prestige/Chesnut in December and got it two weeks later. I'm thinking it is because I live in San Diego and that is the port they unload them?
Did you actually have yours made to order or did they find your car on another dealer lot and make a swap, or was your car already in the production queue? Ours was made to order and standard manufacturing lead time is three months. My wife wanted chestnut with wood inlays and a black headliner, which is a somewhat unusual combination.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there was a rail strike in Germany which apparently delayed transport by some weeks. The car was assembled in Spain, but I do not know the specific port of departure. The manifest says it landed on the East coast.

Well the bottom line is that the dealer gave us roof rail crossbars and AudiCare I which covers service up to 45k miles to make up for the wait. Normally only the 5k service is included. The car looks great so happy wife, happy life.

Ready to go home

Last edited by kbh; 02-26-2015 at 02:15 AM.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kbh
Did you actually have yours made to order or did they find your car on another dealer lot and make a swap, or was your car already in the production queue? Ours was made to order and standard manufacturing lead time is three months. My wife wanted chestnut with wood inlays and a black headliner, which is a somewhat unusual combination.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, there was a rail strike in Germany which apparently delayed transport by some weeks. The car was assembled in Spain, but I do not know the specific port of departure. The manifest says it landed on the East coast.

Well the bottom line is that the dealer gave us roof rail crossbars and AudiCare I which covers service up to 45k miles to make up for the wait. Normally only the 5k service is included. The car looks great so happy wife, happy life.

Ready to go home
LOOKS GREAT! The dealer found me a Q3 that was out in the ocean (in transit). It was a standard loaded Prestige. In your case it must of been the custom order. Good choice with the wood. My TT had aluminum trim and I liked that, so that is what I got with the Q3. Now I wished I had asked for the wood trim as it would have gone nice with my chestnut seats.
Old 02-26-2015, 09:08 AM
kbh
Audiworld Junior Member

The chestnut with wood does look good. I am generally not a fan of wood but must concede my wife's taste is good.

I found the lighting around the stereo speakers a bit distracting at night. I have to play with the settings to see if it can toned down some.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

nice! pics of the interior!!!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

When I first got my Q3 I found the interior lighting distracting, so I turned it down. After a week I got used to it, and then turned it up full blast. I like those lights now.
Old 02-27-2015, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I turned my interior lights off. No real reason to have lighting on the door speakers.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Any word on when the 2016 Q3 order guide will be out?
Old 03-21-2015, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

In the SF Bay Area, they're hard to find. My preferred dealer had only one in blue. Their website listed 22 "available soon", but they were all spoken for. No one would trade them one in the color we wanted. Our salesman spent two weeks trying to find us a black one without result. Finally I lucked into finding one with exactly the spec we wanted nearby. Truck was being unloaded while on the phone with salesman (just calling all the area dealers). That one ended up being "in stock" at the dealer for 3 hours!

My wife is very happy with the car. Before we purchased, I showed her pics of the '16 and she prefers the '15's front. Old chassis and old engine talk is just for enthusiast forums. The true market for these cars doesn't care about stuff like that. If the reviews revealed shortcomings due to those factors, they might. But that isn't what I've read.

Constrained supply is the reason for low sales. At least in our experience.