Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

RoRo carrier for Audi

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If my car was on the Hoegh Delhi, it arrived Houston in either August 30 or 31. I emailed the ABS on Sept 1 to reconfirm with the prep centre making sure the Homelink would not be installed and if she had an ETA. It's been several days and no response from her. Maybe because I'm buying a low end car so she doesn't care, but it's still a sales for her and she should be responding to customer's email. I can't imagine what would happen if I ignored my customers' emails for several days.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

"Making sure Homelink would not be installed" ???
The "prep centre"? If you mean the port handler, a dealer usually doesn't have any interface or visibility with them after the RoRo has arrived. The car gets offloaded with hundreds of others, goes through inspection, customs, port accessories installed, Moroni labels attached, invoices obtained and driven to a queue lot until transport is assigned. Takes about 6-8 days to go through the port handler and get loaded on a train or truck (unless there are any problems and the car has to go into their repair/body shop). During this period, a dealer is usually in a blackout until the car leaves the port.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm not sure of the name who handles installing accessories at the port. I was told initially that the dealer needs to contact them when the car gets to the port to make sure it does not get installed.

I understand it needs to go thru many things, but shouldn't the ABS respond to the email and tell me she doesn't have the info yet rather than ignore the email? Many of my emails were ignored by the ABS and sales manager since I put the deposit in mid July.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I'm still confused what you mean about not having Homelink installed. All Audis have the Homelink feature and hardware integrated into the cars at the factory - it's not a port installed option or accessory. And even if it were possible, why would you not want it included?

As to emails, a phone call to talk to someone is always a better option.
Old 09-04-2015, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was told the Homelink is a port installed option.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by gta1216
I was told the Homelink is a port installed option.
Well, you were told wrong. The HomeLink buttons are integrated into the roof console and the sensor is mounted in the front grill. The hardware and wiring is already installed at the factory - adding it after the fact would be a major undertaking that no port facility would want anything to do with. They are standard on most Audis. Again, I ask one more time, why would you not want this feature?

Last edited by snagitseven; 09-04-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

If it is integrated into the vehicle, then I have no choice but to take it. I don't recall seeing it on the overheard console (assuming you are referring to the sunroof controls, map lights, etc) though.

I don't want it because of where I was told it would be mounted at. Not a location that I want it to be.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Well, okey, dokey.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Well, okey, dokey.
According to the sales guide, homelink is a port installed option for Q3. It is standard in Q5 though.... however, I agree that I cant understand why he wouldnt want it installed.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Don Keener; 09-06-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gta1216
I'm not sure of the name who handles installing accessories at the port. I was told initially that the dealer needs to contact them when the car gets to the port to make sure it does not get installed.

I understand it needs to go thru many things, but shouldn't the ABS respond to the email and tell me she doesn't have the info yet rather than ignore the email? Many of my emails were ignored by the ABS and sales manager since I put the deposit in mid July.
The port installed 'stuff' should be driven by the order placed by the dealer. They arent gonna just install a bunch of stuff if the order doesnt specify it.

Quick Reply: RoRo carrier for Audi