Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

RSQ3 in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSQ3 in Canada

Any word on when the RSQ3 will ever make it over here to North America?
Old 12-22-2014, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

i asked Audi USA this question. the response was short and direct: there is no plan to bring over the 2015 model. duh! the 2015's are already here. they didn't comment on bringing over a 2016 model, which in car talk, at least with my experience, means probably-maybe. no reason to keep it secret if you have no plans to bring it over. i have an email out to my Audi sales rep. i told her i would stand in line for an RSQ3, and i'd like to buy the first one their dealer gets (if it's the right color).
Old 12-22-2014, 08:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by -hef-
i asked Audi USA this question. the response was short and direct: there is no plan to bring over the 2015 model. duh! the 2015's are already here. they didn't comment on bringing over a 2016 model, which in car talk, at least with my experience, means probably-maybe. no reason to keep it secret if you have no plans to bring it over. i have an email out to my Audi sales rep. i told her i would stand in line for an RSQ3, and i'd like to buy the first one their dealer gets (if it's the right color).
From comparing overseas pricing of SQ5 to RSQ3, they seem very similar. I assume the RSQ3 might end up a bit higher than SQ5 in NA?

If it was close in pricing, I would trade my SQ5 in without flinching. Would love to shave some pounds and length.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was wondering about pricing myself. I am new to Audi, so I am not sure if they would price the RSQ3 above the SQ5. I was thinking the base RSQ3 would start about ~$2k less than the base SQ5. If the RS cost more, why would people ever buy it over the SQ? The 0-60 times are similar.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by -hef-
I was wondering about pricing myself. I am new to Audi, so I am not sure if they would price the RSQ3 above the SQ5. I was thinking the base RSQ3 would start about ~$2k less than the base SQ5. If the RS cost more, why would people ever buy it over the SQ? The 0-60 times are similar.
I think there are folks (me included, sometimes) who actually prefer the smaller dimensions of a vehicle like the Q3 over the Q5. The Q5's width makes parking in normal painted stripe parking spaces a bit sketchy in that the adjoining cars are so close that should they be not careful (or just jerks) the Q5's flanks are endangered. Small but strong can be very appealing.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'd be in line behind you (all the way from the west coast) and then over to Pat's for a cheesesteak.....
Old 02-04-2015, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

don't you guys love conflicting info???! i have read numerous articles about whether or not the RSQ3 will get the green light for NA. i do a Google search about once a month on this topic, and i saw a wikipedia entry for the Q3, so i decided to soak up all the info i could on the Q3. the wiki mentions that the RS will come to the US. here is the article that the wiki references, and even though it is an older article, i am currently holding it as gospel (mostly because it's one of the ones that claim the RS will come to the US).

"Though it’s been almost two years since Audi first promised its Q3 for the U.S. market, the pint-sized crossover is yet to make it into local showrooms. That may be about to change, as Car and Driver is reporting that Audi is waiting until the launch of a facelifted Q3 in the next year or two before finally introducing it to the U.S.

Audiphiles may be disappointed to learn that it may still be two years until that happens, but the good news is that the high-performance RS Q3 variant is said to be included in Audi’s U.S. plans for the Q3. This model has just gone on sale in Europe and packs the same turbocharged and direct-injected 2.5-liter five-cylinder engine found in the RS 3 and TT RS, albeit detuned to about 310 horsepower."

Audi Waiting Until Q3 Facelift For Crossover's U.S. Launch: Report

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I think there are folks (me included, sometimes) who actually prefer the smaller dimensions of a vehicle like the Q3 over the Q5. The Q5's width makes parking in normal painted stripe parking spaces a bit sketchy in that the adjoining cars are so close that should they be not careful (or just jerks) the Q5's flanks are endangered. Small but strong can be very appealing.
i am actually one of those folks too. i just bought a new house, and the garage is severely lacking in width. i am def looking to size-down from my SQ5, and the RSQ3 is at the top of my list as its replacement.

Originally Posted by Surfinjoe
I'd be in line behind you (all the way from the west coast) and then over to Pat's for a cheesesteak.....
nice! and of course, you know you are going to get the obligatory cheesesteak snob remark from me that Pat's is a tourist trap... blah blah blah. but honestly, if you make it to Philly, go to the West end of Passyunk to Philip's Steaks. it's the best steak in town, IMO.

Last edited by -hef-; 02-04-2015 at 06:51 AM.