Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 > Q3 Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV
Sponsored by: Audi

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 278490

Default Stolen Audi Q3 -- thoughts

Hi all,

Recently, a black Audi Q3 (2012 model) was stolen from my father's home in Thessaloniki, Greece and I'd like to kindly ask you some questions in case you guys know some answers.

My father still has both keys in his possession from the stolen car, which means that it was stolen with some other means. Additionally, it would be very difficult to be lifted by a truck from the place where it was parked due to space restrictions. This triggers a few questions...
How did the thieves get into the car in the first place? (no pieces of broken glass found) I've found some very small pieces of metal on the ground which might be coming from a broken door lock, but I can't be sure. Are you aware of some other method that the thieves might have used to get into it? (it had no alarm, as stupid as this might sound)

Now, the interesting part is how the thieves managed to start the engine, since it is supposed to have an electronic immobilizer which cannot start without the original key. Are you aware of some method that they could have used, like for example to re-program a blank key fob and start the engine (bypassing any security mechanisms)?
Another thing that I've found on the internet is that some Audis have some spare key (called emergency key) in the glove box, but I don't really know whether this is true for Audi Q3 2012 models (we never looked for it).

I would be more than grateful if you could help me understand what happened and how my father's car disappeared from the parking lot. Please shed some light on our confusion and frustration.

Thank you very much for your help and time,
Kind Regards,
Harry
charpour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #2
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 278490

the only photo..

Click the image to open in full size.
charpour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM   #3
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 226959

Same thing happened recently to a member in the Q5 forums. You should read that thread.
http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2863768
Old 04-03-2014, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
a4, audi, stolen