Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

Wait for 2016 Q3 or buy 2015 now?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2015, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the responses!
After some serious thinking I have decided to postpone my purchase. I actually went to a dealer last week to get a price and was very serious about buying (had my financing ready, had done thorough research, etc.) and the two people I worked with were very very rude to me. I definitely expected pressure to buy, but I do not need to be treated like an idiot. Instead of convincing me that I should buy the car at that exact moment and using their sales tricks to try to intimidate me, they actually made me think about this purchase more, which is making me take a pause and really reconsider.

I will just have to wait and see what the 2016 are like in the future or even go to a different brand!
Old 01-10-2015, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by swimgirl85
...Instead of convincing me that I should buy the car at that exact moment and using their sales tricks to try to intimidate me, they actually made me think about this purchase more, which is making me take a pause and really reconsider. I will just have to wait and see what the 2016 are like in the future or even go to a different brand!
That really sucks. Where are you located? There may be another more reasonable Audi dealer you could try.
In terms of the 2016 Q3, many (including a dealer I asked) believe that for the US it will be basically the same since Audi doesn’t want to **** buyers off by selling the current version here for only one year then replacing it with a significant upgrade. I am not so sure about that given that the rest of the world will be getting the version shown on the German Audi site and that the current Q3 has pretty bad mpg figures with its 6-speed Tiptronic transmission. The bright metal trim near at the upper corners of the grille that is part of the ROW (and can be seen on the Audi.de site) upgrade will link it visually to the new Q7; that will mean a lot to US buyers I believe, although I do not personally care for it.
You are correct not to put up with BS from a dealer. Were they men? There is still a lot of residual “old thinking” about female buyers – but it is all BS, so don’t tolerate it.
Good luck
Old 03-01-2015, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default 2016 q3 european delivery

was all set to sign an agreement for 2015 Q3 european delivery yesterday for an early July in Ingolstadt and my salesman cancelled. The factory stopped production of the 2015 and there is not any info of the pricing and packages of the 2016 to sign an agreement. This has put a halt to all our plans. Has anyone had this happen and how long did it take to get resolved?
Old 03-03-2015, 01:09 PM
SCJ
AudiWorld Member

I am not surprised. Model year changes occur in the summer for Audi. Count yourself lucky because you would want to get the 2016 anyway. It should be resolved by late spring. I hope it does not screw up your European trip plans. What you don't want to get is a 2015.5 model.
Old 03-03-2015, 02:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by SCJ
...you would want to get the 2016 anyway.....What you don't want to get is a 2015.5 model.
I agree. Any styling changes could make it look current for several years, but the important advantage of the updated Q3 (hopefully) will be the DSG transmission (or if they decide to go to the 8-speed Tiptronic for the US) and the stronger/newer 2.0 engine.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Sportfran
was all set to sign an agreement for 2015 Q3 european delivery yesterday for an early July in Ingolstadt and my salesman cancelled. The factory stopped production of the 2015 and there is not any info of the pricing and packages of the 2016 to sign an agreement. This has put a halt to all our plans. Has anyone had this happen and how long did it take to get resolved?
Actually the news I was waiting for. Went to the dealer today and salesman had no info.

He was playing dumb about the 2016 face lift, trying to sell me something on the lot. No thanks.

I guess now we just wait for the 2016 order guide.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You all would be surprised on how little salesmen know about the manufacturer they represent. Trust me, they don't spend their free time reading secret reports or industry news about upcoming models and features. I'm one of those that asks a lot of upcoming features and specs, and often they tell me just Google it.

Of course, there's always exceptions. Was VERY impressed by the salesman that sold me my Q5; was really on the ball with Audi and little features and specs that I wasn't aware of. ON the other side, I've been to another 4 Audi dealers that were just oblivious to anything that wasn't on the sticker.

I'm also with others here that have a Q5 and would love a smaller Q3. Two of my biggest concerns are gas millage and towing. I'm hoping a 7-speed transmission would kick the numbers up a bit, or better yet, a high performance version of the 2.0 TDI motor. Find it odd that the Q5 has the same MPG rating as the smaller Q3, which i'm attributing to the transmission. Although I'll be honest and say that my 2.0L Q5 doesn't get close to the rated 21mpg city (highway is very good though)

Towing is another sticking point, for i can't find anything about a US tow package. Really need that for the Q3, but being a lease, I don't want to get into wiring up trailer lights.
Old 03-05-2015, 11:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by antirich
You all would be surprised on how little salesmen know about the manufacturer they represent. Trust me, they don't spend their free time reading secret reports or industry news about upcoming models and features. I'm one of those that asks a lot of upcoming features and specs, and often they tell me just Google it.

Of course, there's always exceptions. Was VERY impressed by the salesman that sold me my Q5; was really on the ball with Audi and little features and specs that I wasn't aware of. ON the other side, I've been to another 4 Audi dealers that were just oblivious to anything that wasn't on the sticker.

I'm also with others here that have a Q5 and would love a smaller Q3. Two of my biggest concerns are gas millage and towing. I'm hoping a 7-speed transmission would kick the numbers up a bit, or better yet, a high performance version of the 2.0 TDI motor. Find it odd that the Q5 has the same MPG rating as the smaller Q3, which i'm attributing to the transmission. Although I'll be honest and say that my 2.0L Q5 doesn't get close to the rated 21mpg city (highway is very good though)

Towing is another sticking point, for i can't find anything about a US tow package. Really need that for the Q3, but being a lease, I don't want to get into wiring up trailer lights.
HMMM?? If you're interested in a Q3 I know someone who's looking to sell as it's a little smaller than they thought and looking to bump up to a Q5 and they live a little over an hour away from Princeton.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MPBQ3
HMMM?? If you're interested in a Q3 I know someone who's looking to sell as it's a little smaller than they thought and looking to bump up to a Q5 and they live a little over an hour away from Princeton.
Thanks, but it would have to be a lease. And the factory towing function is a big requirement as well.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default I have a similar question But BUY the Q3 1.4 2016 now or wait for the 2017 model

Hi I have a very similar question, this would be my first Audi and I'm pretty exited in moving up category, but I don't know if the Q3 will have a complete redesign in 2018 or if the 2017 that is just a few months away is better.
First of all I live in Guatemala and the 2016 Q3 1.4 is $36,500.00 and the 2.0 quattro is $44,000.00

The seller is telling me that the only difference between the 1.4 2016 and 1.4 2017 is that the 2017 is $4,000.00. (which will be available in October in my Country)

What do you guys think?