Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

What service plans should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 10:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What service plans should I get?

What service plans do you suggest and that is worth the additional cost?

Audi Care
Vehicle service contract plan
Term care select
Ding shield service plan

I was told Audi care for $895 covers the next 4 years of oil change etc.. Their service dept said oil and oil filter change alone us $120 each time. This is the only plan inquired so far.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gta1216
What service plans do you suggest and that is worth the additional cost?

Audi Care
Vehicle service contract plan
Term care select
Ding shield service plan

I was told Audi care for $895 covers the next 4 years of oil change etc.. Their service dept said oil and oil filter change alone us $120 each time. This is the only plan inquired so far.
I believe Audi Care is a must have. Over 48 months of ownership it may well pay, especially since it would include things like new spark plugs at 35K miles. Depending on how you use and where you have to park your vehicle (General Toronto Area –no?) the ding protection or a wheel/tire protection plan maybe worth it – I don’t really know.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I believe Audi Care is a must have. Over 48 months of ownership it may well pay, especially since it would include things like new spark plugs at 35K miles. Depending on how you use and where you have to park your vehicle (General Toronto Area –no?) the ding protection or a wheel/tire protection plan maybe worth it – I don’t really know.
I'm from Chicago. Put in over 300 miles per week between home and work. I park in the garage at home, but outdoor at work.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

I assume all Audi dealers in the USA would honour the all service plans I purchased thru Audi.

Am I required to purchase the plans at the time I purchase and finance the car? Say I purchase and finance the car from Dealer A, but go to Dealer B to purchase the service plans. Is this allowed?
Old 08-18-2015, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by gta1216
I assume all Audi dealers in the USA would honour the all service plans I purchased thru Audi.

Am I required to purchase the plans at the time I purchase and finance the car? Say I purchase and finance the car from Dealer A, but go to Dealer B to purchase the service plans. Is this allowed?
In the case of Audi Care you can buy it after the purchase, but there may be a time or mileage limit. Certainly you would want to buy it before the first covered service interval (15,000 miles). The 5,000 mile service is free on all Audi's sold in the US. I know you can get the Audi Care service at any dealer (I have). The advantage in buying it at time of purchase is that you can roll the cost into your financing package, and if you lease (which I think you won't be doing) it adds 1 percentage point to the residual value of the car, thus reducing the monthly lease payment.
Check out the AoA site for information on the other plans: Audi Service: Repair - Warranty - Care Plus | Audi USA
Old 08-19-2015, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have so much issues with this dealer. I don't want to work with them on anything else other than getting my car since I already put a down payment. I have no plan of going to this dealer for service. That's why I rather work with other dealers in getting service plans and service when needed.