Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:47 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance

--

See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2.0 Premium vs Premium plus which one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here have a black with brown combo or a white with brown combo, could you post a few pics.
Old 02-21-2014, 02:06 PM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Andy
Only you can decide how much you want to spend. An option is only worth it if you think you will like it or use it.

As far as supply, depends on where you live. Here in Southern California, most dealers have a few dozen on their lot. According to Audi's most recent numbers, the average days of supply on the Q5 is around 28 days. That means that most dealers turn over their inventory about once a month.

When dealers order a "spec" car, they pick out what they think are the most popular options and price points. That might be why it is hard for you to find a car that has more than what you may want. You can order direct from the factory, but it is likely that you won't get as good a deal (dealer's want to move what is on their floor - so if a car has been sitting a while, they are more likely to make a better deal on it). So everything is a trade off. Pay a little more for a car that has exactly what you want (and wait 4-5 months), or get something available at a better price, but may be more car than you originally wanted.
Yes there is wait. That can be the worst part, but there is the anticipation factor. It also gives you time to save up for more of a down payment, or procure addons.
You may or may not get a better deal. If you order, the dealer isn't financing the vehicle with a bank for the time it's sitting on the lot, so he has less investment in the vehicle.
If you get a car that has been sitting on a lot somewhere, there could be some paint damage. When I got my A4, the dealer shipped a car in from NJ. I got it home and washed it and found that it had spots in the paint. There must have been some fallout on to the NJ dealer lot. ....The dealer took it back and we ordered from the factory.
If you order and if you ever wanted to see Germany, you could do a factory pick up. I think that gives a set price on the vehicle, but I'm not sure about it. The Ingolstat plant and Audi Forum is something too see.
On another note, I'm thinking about ordering a Q5 too. Is there a way to get the backup camera without ordering the Nav package?

Tom
99.0 A4
05 A8L
Old 02-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I disagree with the thought that you will pay more to order what you want. You actually have the advantage since every dealer is quoting the exact same car. If they don't want to sell it for what you are offering go to another dealer. When I ordered my 14 in early 2013, prices were not available yet so I negotiated a % off list. i visited several dealers till I found one that would accept my offer. By the way, they told me it would take 12-14 weeks, but mine came in 7 weeks.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was just looking at insurance quote and I understand that it will vary by many factors for everyone, but comparing some of the other cars in the same class the audi Q5 comes out to be far more expensive.

MDX came out to be only $90 increase, the BMW X3 was surprisingly $50 increase, but the Q5 was $320 increase from my current policy.

I need to think about the buying from the lot vs. factory order. Also someone mentioned the backup cam, is it only available with Nav?
Old 02-22-2014, 04:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by plumber212
I disagree with the thought that you will pay more to order what you want. You actually have the advantage since every dealer is quoting the exact same car. If they don't want to sell it for what you are offering go to another dealer. When I ordered my 14 in early 2013, prices were not available yet so I negotiated a % off list. i visited several dealers till I found one that would accept my offer. By the way, they told me it would take 12-14 weeks, but mine came in 7 weeks.
+1.
Ordering is the way to go. Took our Q from stock in 2009 and got a fair deal.

Ordered my S5 and got what I wanted, options, color at the price I was willing to pay. With loyalty it was a Win/Win as dealer does paper work to order, pre delivery and I pick up car.
Old 02-22-2014, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sid369
I need to think about the buying from the lot vs. factory order. Also someone mentioned the backup cam, is it only available with Nav?
Off the lot, yes, it's part of the MMI Nav+ package.

Not sure if you can special order with just the parking assist. You'll need the MMI to set preferences for it, so you'd need either a VAG-COM VCDS to change settings with a laptop, or have the dealer do it for you (which they'd hesitate to sign up for I'm sure), or get MMI without Nav if such a thing is possible. You'd need the MMI controls to switch modes between backing up and parallel parking.

I doubt it's possible, but it can't hurt to ask.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

If i get most of the things which are available but have to compromise th interior color than I guess that will be fine. We saw one today the interior color was beige with brown trim, which I don't mind but would have loved the brown interior color. I think I can compromise on the interior color the only concern we have maintenance of the seat sand the blue jeans transferring color.

Can you get that color out? We would be leasing the car by the way.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:08 PM
tjf
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at the dealer today. The only way to get the park assist is with the Nav package. Kind of sad when you think about it. A base Accord comes with a backup camera.
We drove an Allroad and the SQ5 again. I wish the 3.0T was available in the Allroad. I did like the more car like behavior of it. That SQ is nice though. Crazy fast for an SUV.
There's also a rumor going around that Audi will be bringing the RS6 Avant to the states! They should hear more in 2 weeks.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We just ordered a Q5 Premium today with heated seats and the sunroof.
The sunroof option was a must-have.
We do not need NAV.
We saved a little bit by not getting the Plus.
But, as others have said, get what you want!
Old 02-23-2014, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

One thing that i wanted to ask is when we test drove the premium plus yesterday I asked if I can change the driving modes. It was easy to change modes from D to S (sports) however, I did not feel the steering becoming tight (like in the X3) . Does it really change the driving dynamics on Sports mode? It was a short distance that I test drove so maybe thats why i could not feel the difference.

Quick Reply: 2.0 Premium vs Premium plus which one?