Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

20% off deAuto LED kits

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 20% off deAuto LED kits

I got a flyer in my LED order stating that they are giving a 20% discount until 8/20/15, they call it waterfest20.

If u are going to order a kit, you may want to try this...
Old 07-19-2015, 07:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice find. Still debating between this and VLEDs for the SQ5. Anyone have any experience with both of them? I've used VLED exclusively in the play with other vehicles but they are much more expensive than these! Thanks!
Old 07-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is it honestly worth it to buy these kits? Can't you just buy a $25 LED kit on eBay and get almost identical results?
Old 07-19-2015, 12:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can only speak of VLEDS vs the cheap eBay choices and the difference is night and day. I would get flickering, poor light quality and brightness from the eBay ones. Worth it in my opinion but just wondering if the deautokey ones are as good for half the cost
Old 07-19-2015, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I think they are very good, so far so good.. Lifetime warranty.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a kit from Aliexpress for $40 for 22 bulbs that cover all the filament bulbs on the SQ5 (plus 2 extra for the footwells that dont need replacing) and they are fantastic quality. No flickering, just excellent illumination. Of course, there is little redress if something doesn't work properly so a local purchase might be better for some of you.
Old 07-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Adplaya
Is it honestly worth it to buy these kits? Can't you just buy a $25 LED kit on eBay and get almost identical results?
These LED "kits" are not worth it, but some people need that peace of mind or like the fancy packaging along with the instructions that tells you where they go. If you know what bulbs you need and know how to change them and can deal with a non-existent customer service then hit up eBay. I spent $30 on mine and have almost enough to do a 2nd car. No flickering issues in almost 2 yrs of use and they are very bright!
Attached Images    
Old 07-28-2015, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

I can't speak for the long-term quality of any LED seller, but generic eBay kits from China should be avoided unless you really don't care how long they will last.

A prime quality LED can cost 10x more than a generic one. Prime quality LEDs (white or red, etc.) are also actually sorted in batches from each production run, so one run of "white" LEDs can yield 3 batches, each with DOUBLE the brightness of the next batch.
100 lumen, 200 lumen, 400 lumen, all the same "part" unless the vendor had paid extra to get the sorted ones from the same batch.

Same thing for color temperature, one batch of white LEDs may be sorted into "warm", "neutral", and "blue". Three color batches, three brightness batches, and you wind up with NINE very different looking LEDs from one batch, even from a prime source, if the vendor just bought them cheap. (Odds are you'll be getting the least-wanted dimmest ones, too.)

A prime LED is rated for something like 70% brightness at 50,000 hours, with a 100,000 hour life expectancy. The cheap ones? Don't ask, because they won't tell.

So yes, some of the vendors charge an awful lot, but some of them have earned great reputations for quality LEDs, not just price.
Old 10-14-2015, 10:26 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Thank you for suggesting our company! The 20% is over but our 10% fall sale is going on now!

For piecing together LEDs and what you get/don't get..
With our kit/and from customer experience and feedback we received on other kits:
-No errors / plug & play - you can adjust our LEDs with your MFD
-Ours fade in/out like OEM -no shocking on/off
-Our color temperature match and is a uniformed crisp white color temperature, when piecing together a kit you can find yourself with different colors, or LEDs that have a yellow or blue tint which is very noticeable to the human eye
-LED diodes last but what normally goes is the resistors, if they cannot handle the higher voltage the CANBUS/Euro cars give out then they have a good chance of flickering or going out completely. This is a huge problem many customers contact us about, we added higher voltage resistors to avoid any issues.

We also have custom footwell LEDs where you can choose from a bright white, red or blue LED. Many companies don't offer this as it is not a 194 wedge but a pin style, we custom manufactured our pin style LEDs for the Audi.

Our kit comes with RED AND WHITE door puddles, this is unique to our kit and many kits forget or simply don't add. You might not think this is a big deal but that is 8 extra LEDs in our kit that many won't offer or they will have you add them at an additional charge. We also don't use standard 194 wedges, we use wafer LEDs that face outwards with a higher power LED chip so the puddle lights really shine when you open your door.

Lastly, as someone mentioned our kits are normally much less vs the bigger LED companies on the market but we offer the same quality and we also offer a Lifetime Warranty & Free Shipping within the US!