Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2014 Q5 Order Tracking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlk1
It depends on the build date of your car. It is my understanding that Q5's meant for North American delivery are not yet being produced, but should be in production sometime nextonth. The earliest some will show up at local dealers will be late July.
My Q is supposedly one of the vehicles that are allocated to my dealer. My salesman says the launch of the new Q's will be in early August. Most of us ordering will not see our's until after then.
We still don't have pricing, but should see the numbers within the next month.
Many thanks. This is very useful!
Old 05-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ordered 4 MAY 13

2014 Q5 TDI
- Prestige
- Glacier white
- Sport interior pkg (black)

We were the dealer's first Q5 TDI sale. GM said he expects a VIN by mid-July and delivery around 1st week of Sept (we're on the east coast).

This is our first Audi. =)
Old 05-05-2013, 03:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by yoshokun
Ordered 4 MAY 13

2014 Q5 TDI
- Prestige
- Glacier white
- Sport interior pkg (black)

We were the dealer's first Q5 TDI sale. GM said he expects a VIN by mid-July and delivery around 1st week of Sept (we're on the east coast).

This is our first Audi. =)
Don't know about the TDI's, but my dealer is getting 25 Q5's in the latter half of July. Said I should have a VIN in 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe your dealer doesn't have a allocation until later?
Congratulations on your purchase. I can't wait to see what the High gloss black package entails.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rlk1
Don't know about the TDI's, but my dealer is getting 25 Q5's in the latter half of July. Said I should have a VIN in 3 or 4 weeks. Maybe your dealer doesn't have a allocation until later?
Congratulations on your purchase. I can't wait to see what the High gloss black package entails.
Yeah, likewise my dealer expects Q5s in July. He wasn't certain when my order (4/29) would be in, but I am now hoping late July / early Aug. Originally I was thinking late Sept / early Oct.
Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ordered april 20th, no word back from the dealer as of yet on anything.

2014 lava grey
full s line package
Old 05-07-2013, 07:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

You're right - gas engines will be arriving stateside in July. But, TDIs are coming a bit later (in the fall).

Audi previously announced that TDI versions would be available after the gas engines for MY14. See: http://www.autoblog.com/2012/11/19/a...-headed-for-us. This forum and other places indicated Sept deliveries, so last week of Aug/first week of Sept lines up.

Another note for those interested: the dealer said that the diesel allocations looked like they were about 70/30 (gas/diesel) for the Q5. Given what previous Q7 and A3 allocation ratios looked like (in the teens/twenties), he interpreted that as Audi being optimistic that TDI sales would be strong.
Old 05-10-2013, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Finally ordered my Q5 after more than 2 years of contemplation. I will be sad to let my A3 go, but hopefully the Q5 will help me feel better in a hurry. Still wondering if I should have gone TDI but with the pricing and mpg I am anticipating, I think it would be almost a 10 year payback for me over the 2.0T.

2014 Q5 2.0 TFSI Gasoline US Spec
Premium + (WPS), Lava Grey (1R1R), Chestnut Brown (VR), Sport Interior (WQB), B&O sound (9VK), MMI Nav (PNY), License Plate holder delete (6W9)
Discounts: ACNA (6% off MSRP), Audi Loyalty ($1000 ?)

Order entry: 05/10
Received Confirmation Number: TBD
Marked sold: TBD
Vehicle assigned: TBD
Release to manufacture: TBD
Release for production: TBD
Factory inspect: TBD
Departure port arrived: TBD
Ship loaded: TBD
Port arrive ETA: TBD
Release to carrier ETA: TBD
Dealer delivery ETA week of: TBD
Old 05-10-2013, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by stash64
Finally ordered my Q5 after more than 2 years of contemplation. I will be sad to let my A3 go, but hopefully the Q5 will help me feel better in a hurry. Still wondering if I should have gone TDI but with the pricing and mpg I am anticipating, I think it would be almost a 10 year payback for me over the 2.0T.
With what I'm expecting, it'd be a payback of effectively "never" as the difference in price compared to a 2.0T should be rather large and the difference in consumption is less than on the 3.0T (where you'd have a payback more on the order of 4-5 years or so).

But fuel savings aren't the single reason to go for the TDI, it's all about the whole package (and if you only want a small portion of the package then it may not be worth the cost).
Old 05-10-2013, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by idale
But fuel savings aren't the single reason to go for the TDI, it's all about the whole package (and if you only want a small portion of the package then it may not be worth the cost).
The torque difference is what I would miss most. I don't have anything to tow at the moment but, if I did get a boat, I might regret not choosing the TDI.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Stopped by the local dealer today, and got some good news. My salesman said that I should have a VIN for my Q in the next week or two. Also the SM said the expected delivery of the first gas powered Q's has been moved up. He originally thought they would be getting their first shipment towards the latter half of July, now he thinks it will be the early part of the month.
Said mine will be one of the first delivered. Asked about pricing, and was told it's coming very soon, perhaps next week. The excitement level is rising.

Quick Reply: 2014 Q5 Order Tracking Thread