Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Audi Q5 price paid and buying experience

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 05:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
You would have thought that the forum mods would start this themselves. Great source of traffic. I spent ages looking for one, when I was researching.

Anyway here's mine - I posted it in a separate post a few weeks back when we purchased, but adding it here - hopefully it helps someone.

Had a great experience with Livermore Audi in Northern CA. RJ there was great (if you are local and in the market). Hassle free, good price, no aggressive upsell, and really took his time in both the test drives, and then working us through all the details on the car.

Details:

2015 TDI Q5
Monsoon Grey/Titanium Grey
Tech Package
B&O
All Weather Package
Cargo Net (seriously how is this a listed $150 option?)

MSRP $53,805

Sale price $50,306
tax $4,534.65
tire tax $8.75
License/ title $460
doc fee $80.00
total OTD $55,399.40

For those of you shopping in NorCal, 2 other dealers offered more or less same discount - 3500 off similar equipped - Palo Alto, San Jose, but Livermore gave us best experience pre, so we went with them. I suspect I could have played hard ball back and forth and got a couple of hundred more off, but I thought that seemed a fair price, and the dealer had spent a lot of time with my wife

For those of you in SoCal, Keys Audi in Van Nuys offered me $4K off any Q5. I suspect that is around about the floor.

Car is great, and really like the Grey Leather. Seems like most are black. Hopefully grey wont adsorb heat as much.
Thanks for posting and you got a good deal. Enjoy the ride
Old 12-02-2014, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hitchens97
All Weather Package
Cargo Net (seriously how is this a listed $150 option?)
Yeah, seriously. And then you realize you can't use the rubber trunk liner together with the cargo net, unless you cut holes in the rubber liner, at which point it won't hold water anymore. Flawed design, IMO.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Everyone should be able to get at least 6% off with the "Audi Club" discount. Beyond that they would not budge for my custom order TDI prestige.
I did get them to throw in the cargo mat and rubber floor mats and .........drumroll.... an audi hat.
I would think that towards the end of the year these guys are trying to hit the year end numbers and are willing to wheel and deal much greater than the 6%. I know one of the Audi dealers here in the PNW was totally DEAD on Black Friday even though they had ads galore. Going online is good as well to create competition.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hockey,

Yeah I had 2-3 dealers offer me the 6% Audi supplier discount (and my employer is NOT even in the Audi supplier list) so I had sent this as the starting of the negotiation point. I got out guy to throw in the rubber mats for free.

I really do feel like end of Nov/Dec is really the best time to buy and negotiate. My brother ended up getting a Lexus RX350 and got a little over 10% on his a week before we bought ours.

I will prolly shoot for next Nov to get mine and I am definitely leaning towards Audi (and I am a BMW fan).
Old 12-02-2014, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Recently ordered a Mythos Black/black interior, Q5 TDI, tech package, s-line package, sports package, with discount excluding taxes, license fees and delivery, was $51,697 at Audi Arlington, VA, On the boat, should arrive in time for Xmas...

USAA discount... good deal?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Barraged
Recently ordered a Mythos Black/black interior, Q5 TDI, tech package, s-line package, sports package, with discount excluding taxes, license fees and delivery, was $51,697 at Audi Arlington, VA, On the boat, should arrive in time for Xmas...

USAA discount... good deal?
When did you order it? I ordered mine in Sept and am being told mid January.
Old 12-02-2014, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Barraged..

Yep sounds like a good deal.. what was the MSRP though?
Old 12-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'll be picking up my Q5 TDi next week and got MSPR - 8% + any Audi incentives...

Audi Exclusive Ara Blue
Premium Plus
Black Optics
Sport Package
B&O
Navigation
...every real option (no cargo net or mats) including rear airbags.

I'll post on final price
Old 12-03-2014, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I just took delivery of a 2015 SQ5.
I live in Ohio, and I have two dealers in Columbus, OH (that's the closest to me). Neither would budge off MSRP. The one dealer had an SQ5 on the showroom floor that wasn't even close to what I wanted, and they were willing to do 2% off MSRP, but just on that vehicle since they had it. They told me I wouldn't find any dealer doing less than MSRP on an SQ5 that had to be ordered.
I kept branching out, and most dealers were saying the same thing.
I came to a dealer about 3-1/2 hours away from me that gave me a spec sheet showing MSRP and Invoice pricing on all options. They told me to build it however I wanted, take the invoice price, and add $400 to it. Under this deal, the more options you add, the more of a discount off MSRP it becomes.
In the end, it was about 7% off MSRP. I was MORE than happy with that.
In addition, I had a really nice trade-in. I wanted to get 28K for my trade (from research, that was fair AND good). One dealer offered me 22K, another 26K. I was worried that I wasn't going to be able to get a good price on my trade after all. When the dealer I bought my SQ5 from asked what I needed for the trade, I threw up 30K thinking they would then be lower...and they simply said OK!!! I was ecstatic.
For my area, I think the the entire deal was excellent...the price of the new car AND the trade-in.
After it was done, I explained to may salesperson what I was finding in my more-local area. He said it's pretty common in Ohio. He said their goal is to push high volume each month to maintain a high allocation of performance cars from Audi (they had numbers S and RS cars on the lot). In addition, he said, "and we want to sell you every Audi you ever buy".
Needless to say, I was happy all around.
Although I didn't quality for any incentives (being new to Audi), those would have applied to my price also. Financing was 1.9 for 60mo (and that was through Audi).
I did find deals of 8% off readily available in the Chicago area...but for another 1%, I wasn't willing to drive that far.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I ordered a '15 Q5 TDI Prestige in Glacier White and Titanium Grey interior with the Luxury package and the Audi Guard cargo mat. MSRP was $58460. My cost was $56514 which is about a 3.3% discount from MSRP and 3.8% over invoice. This was $288 over Edmunds 'Tru Value' price. Also got a reasonable trade in value for my Avalon.

Quick Reply: 2015 Audi Q5 price paid and buying experience