Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2015 Delivery Times?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idale
2-3 months is generally the typical timeframe, so 2 months isn't unheard of. Mine took around 3.5 months, but was placed mid-summer and ran into both the August shutdown as well as potential interference from the A3 launch as they were cranking those things out. So while mine was a bit longer than typical, when you account for especially the month-long delay it's about right.

If you're lucky on allocations, you can have an in-system order modified to your spec so you're pretty much at the front of the line. If you're unlucky, you just missed the allocations for this month and have to wait until next month for the order to even be placed.

The other big variable is production, as the factory will schedule similar-spec vehicles to be built at the same time, so worst case your order has to wait a while for its turn. If you're lucky, there may be a free slot relatively soon that your order is slotted into.
Thanks for the info
Old 01-07-2015, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, you should by this point be able to get Audi's ETAs from your salesperson. They're not guarantees of course, but at least from what I've seen have generally been good ballpark figures so you have a reasonable idea of when it'll get to you (and where it'll be at at any given time). The dates could of course slip, but at the same time Audi's conservative on time from reaching port to the dealer so you should gain back time there (they'll likely estimate a couple weeks when it should be closer to a couple days to a week sort of timeframe).

I was checking on ETAs each Friday until my car left Germany (at which point it's down to the ETA for the ship itself, as Audi will just be updating the port arrival based on the ship schedules). Even with the shutdown in the way, I seem to recall my dates not shifting more than a week or two over the months I was waiting. So it was nice to have some idea of what to expect.

And of course the wait will be worth it once your S comes in, though I know that's little comfort now when you're in the waiting phase. Just remember that it could be worse: NorthValley waited something like 8-9 months for his since he's down in Chile. I can only imagine how agonizing that must've been (especially given the cost there and gambling on currency conversion rates), but I know he's thrilled with his S (as everyone I've seen has been).
Old 01-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Orders my 2015 SQ5 Prestiege, luxury, tech,and driver assist. Lava Gray in Dec 27. Expected at dealer mid March (wk11). Can't wait to get my hands on it!
Old 01-15-2015, 05:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by elkahuna
Orders my 2015 SQ5 Prestiege, luxury, tech,and driver assist. Lava Gray in Dec 27. Expected at dealer mid March (wk11). Can't wait to get my hands on it!
I placed an order Nov 26, will get the delivery in the week of 2/9, according to the dealer. It could've been faster, had it not sat at the Germany port for 8 days, scheduled to be loaded this Sat 1/17.
Not bad for ~10 wks wait though.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Trade-In

At lest one of my dealers has agreed to take my trade-in at the time of the Audi's arrival in the US from Germany. It will keep my wife happy, as she will have her old car until the new one arrives. Looking at A6 for delivery on July 1, four weeks in Germany with the grandkids.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default finally

Placed order Nov 21st . Sales told me allocation went in December. Got the email yesterday thats beeing build .
Old 04-20-2015, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default DELIVERY TIME S-8

HAVE A COMMISSION # FOR A S-8 AUDI, FB 6339.CAR WAS ORDERED 1-23-15..AM HAVING NO LUCK GETTING A VIN # OR DELIVERY DATE.ANY SUGGESTIONS? CAR IS LOADED-MOONSOON GRAY METALLIC,TITANIUM SILVER ,ALL LEATHER INTERIOR WITH SOLAR SUN ROOF,B&O SOUND-EVERY THING EXCEPT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.ANY SUGGESTIONS? bb
Old 04-20-2015, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bbblock
HAVE A COMMISSION # FOR A S-8 AUDI, FB 6339.CAR WAS ORDERED 1-23-15..AM HAVING NO LUCK GETTING A VIN # OR DELIVERY DATE.ANY SUGGESTIONS? CAR IS LOADED-MOONSOON GRAY METALLIC,TITANIUM SILVER ,ALL LEATHER INTERIOR WITH SOLAR SUN ROOF,B&O SOUND-EVERY THING EXCEPT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.ANY SUGGESTIONS? bb
Call your dealer.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your dealer can provide you a great deal of information. Below is the template of info you can get. These were the dates for my Q5. You can also ask them to sign you up for the Audi 'Owner in Waiting' program which gives you a few emails at certain parts of the process. The dealer provided detail is much more interesting though. Once your car is confirmed at the port, you can usually figure out what ship it is on and track it on its way.... Fun!
Attached Images  
Old 04-20-2015, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Additionally, check your dealer's website. Once the car is built, it gets loaded to your dealer stock. It will say 'Please Call' and not have any pricing listed but you can pull your VIN this way. Overall once it gets listed on your dealer's website, you should get the car in another 4-6 weeks.

I also ordered my car on 1/23. Shown on dealer site 3/21. Mine is hitting port today/tomorrow and I should have it the last week of April/first week of May.

And I agree with all the other posts, ask your dealer.

Quick Reply: 2015 Delivery Times?