Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 08:48 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

2015 SQ5 vs 2016 SQ5 (worth the wait?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2015, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by G3NIU5
i only gave one link but if you care to spend 2mins on googling it you'll see that that info is allover. that's why i posed this question in this forum to get more info right?

i'm liking the Q5 but not in a hurry to getit soon so that's why i was researching the 2016 model and would get the 3.0 TFSI if ever.

if what you know is different and so sure of it then please post links instead of being an *** out of it.
If and when you have the official Audi news on the termination of mounting the engine 3.0TFSI let me know and not what one journalist wrote a second copied, something like this:
https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/p..._now_with.html
The new Audi Q7 - Sportiness, efficiency, premium comfort | Audi USA

You did not read my post below , information for Q5 with a new engine 2.0TFSI 185 kW (252 PS) and 3.0TFSI, 245 kW (333 PS)
Old 02-25-2015, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spijun
If and when you have the official Audi news on the termination of mounting the engine 3.0TFSI let me know and not what one journalist wrote a second copied, something like this:
https://www.audi-mediaservices.com/p..._now_with.html
The new Audi Q7 - Sportiness, efficiency, premium comfort | Audi USA

You did not read my post below , information for Q5 with a new engine 2.0TFSI 185 kW (252 PS) and 3.0TFSI, 245 kW (333 PS)
wtf is wrong with you, are you dense? i havent own an audi so i came here looking for more info and trying to verify what i was reading in my searches because this is audiworld right? i wasnt in any way trying to preach false info here but that went over your arrogant ***.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 353 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by G3NIU5
wtf is wrong with you, are you dense? i havent own an audi so i came here looking for more info and trying to verify what i was reading in my searches because this is audiworld right? i wasnt in any way trying to preach false info here but that went over your arrogant ***.
No comment
Old 02-26-2015, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

spijun isn't a native English speaker, and there's various cultural differences that can come into play along with the inherent poor nature of text as a casual communication medium (you lose things like tone and body language and can see whatever you like). He's also a bit blunt, so keep that in mind. He's helpful and doesn't mean ill by it, though, so I'd cut him a little slack and assume anything you see as confrontational isn't meant as such.

His point is that there's not been any confirmation of the removal of the 3.0T from the lineup, and it doesn't seem like the rumors are saying it's going away, it's just that they're talking about other (presumably newer-revision) engines that will likely be available. Rumors are only speculation, and usually not very speculative at that ("it'll be a vehicle with stuff, omg!!" ). MY2016 will be the current generation, MY2017 should be the switchover, but I wouldn't expect major changes to the lineup. Tweaks, revisions, sure, but Audi tends to be evolutionary in their changes rather than revolutionary.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by idale
spijun isn't a native English speaker, and there's various cultural differences that can come into play along with the inherent poor nature of text as a casual communication medium (you lose things like tone and body language and can see whatever you like). He's also a bit blunt, so keep that in mind. He's helpful and doesn't mean ill by it, though, so I'd cut him a little slack and assume anything you see as confrontational isn't meant as such.

His point is that there's not been any confirmation of the removal of the 3.0T from the lineup, and it doesn't seem like the rumors are saying it's going away, it's just that they're talking about other (presumably newer-revision) engines that will likely be available. Rumors are only speculation, and usually not very speculative at that ("it'll be a vehicle with stuff, omg!!" ). MY2016 will be the current generation, MY2017 should be the switchover, but I wouldn't expect major changes to the lineup. Tweaks, revisions, sure, but Audi tends to be evolutionary in their changes rather than revolutionary.
thanks.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by idale

idale..
Nicely done..
Old 02-27-2015, 08:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HOiYA
For me, these 3 reasons were too much to overcome and thus pulled the trigger on a Q5 now.
I fully agree with the rationale which is why we pulled the trigger on 2015 Q5 TDI
Old 07-24-2015, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

So right, Toyota not only dropped the ball on the latest 4runner, they carelessly threw it through a shredder, I considered trading my current 2005 LTD 4runner (which I absolutely loved until it started becoming a maintenance pig) in for the latest 4runner version, it didnt take me long to be thoroughly disapointed with how Toyota completely screwed up their latest model, I ultimately ordered a 2016 SQ5 and what a dream ride it is.

Originally Posted by SQive
All three of those are valid reasons...here's another.
My previous vehicle is a 2004 Toyota 4Runner. It's the fully loaded, V8, AWD, Limited Edition with the Lexus drivetrain. I was planning to get another one but I waited too long. The new ones are hideous and anemic. I kept the old one because I haven't had ANY trouble with it in 200K miles, but I would not consider buying the new one.
Oh yeah...I wanted a German automobile...not a Mexican ride.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you had to have the red brake calipers, or were willing to shell out the extra $ for the diamond stitching, I'd go ahead and get the '15. It's still the B8.5 chassis. And we aren't getting the BiTurbo TDI that the euro's get.

According to the new Q5 spy photos, the B9 Q5 doesn't look that much different.
And they think it may be MY2018 (in dealerships in 2017) before we'd see the new Chassis. Generally it takes an extra MY to get the S variants, so you're prob looking at MY2019 before you could get the truly upgraded SQ5.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Reason you posted this here is?

Quick Reply: 2015 SQ5 vs 2016 SQ5 (worth the wait?)