Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2016 Audi Q5 3.0T in Florett Silver w/Black Optics package

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 06:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Audi Q5 3.0T in Florett Silver w/Black Optics package

After debating with my wife, it's Florett Silver! Looks awesome with the Black Optics package!

I'll post more pics in the near future.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Black Optics package, but truth be known I didn't know what it was before or during the shopping, ha. Your spec is nice. Are the front windows tinted in your pics?
Old 09-21-2015, 07:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by kreativecid
I have the Black Optics package, but truth be known I didn't know what it was before or during the shopping, ha. Your spec is nice. Are the front windows tinted in your pics?
The Black Optics package was a must for me; totally changes the character of the car!
My front windows are not tinted, the picture makes it look that way!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Definitely. My SQ5 is sepang blue and with its black optics the blue really stands out and I don't have shiny roof rails to make the 5 look taller. Got my windows tinted to match factory rear. Stealthy without being all gangster pimpy over the the top, ha. Enjoy your awesome vehicle.

Originally Posted by paddywolff
The Black Optics package was a must for me; totally changes the character of the car!
My front windows are not tinted, the picture makes it look that way!
Old 09-21-2015, 07:46 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Definitely. My SQ5 is sepang blue and with its black optics the blue really stands out and I don't have shiny roof rails to make the 5 look taller. Got my windows tinted to match factory rear. Stealthy without being all gangster pimpy over the the top, ha. Enjoy your awesome vehicle.
Thanks! Already lovin' it It makes me wonder why on earth was I originally looking at a Q3 Prestige...

The Q5 looks better and drives WAY better! And the Q3 doesn't offer memory seats which is a problem for my wife and I's driving positions
Old 09-21-2015, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I had a 2015 Q3 for 7 months. No offense to the vehicle or the owners, but it was the worst car I've ever owned. For many others' needs it's probably perfection. Audi did a great job making sure there was NO overlap between the Q3 and Q5.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Another picture taken during a rare overcast day in SoCal
Old 09-21-2015, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had a 2015 Q3 for 7 months. No offense to the vehicle or the owners, but it was the worst car I've ever owned. For many others' needs it's probably perfection. Audi did a great job making sure there was NO overlap between the Q3 and Q5.
That bad, huh?! I guess you're right about the overlap.
Old 09-21-2015, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

A little dramatic, I was! The way I had my Q3 spec and for my power hungry good handling needs it was severely lacking. But it was built well, light-colored leather, turn radius was good. I did not have a power lift gate, backup cam, it doesn't have seat memory and....you now what, I won't hijack your thread. Your car rocks. End of my discussion!
Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

A little dramatic, I was! The way I had my Q3 spec and for my power hungry good handling needs it was severely lacking. But it was built well, light-colored leather, turn radius was good. I did not have a power lift gate, backup cam, it doesn't have seat memory and....you now what, I won't hijack your thread. Your car rocks. End of my discussion!
We're passionate about our Audis! Never get bored talking about cars!

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi Q5 3.0T in Florett Silver w/Black Optics package