Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017

2016 Q5 back trunk opening

Old 08-24-2015, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Q5 back trunk opening

So I finally got my 2016 Q5 premium plus fully loaded. This is my first audi and I love this car ! I am still getting to know the car. Sometimes I try to open the back trunk by pushing the button in the back and the door is not opening, neither does the remote control . Any idea why? The car started already before I reach to the back. Is something wrong with the car or I am doing it wrong?
Old 08-24-2015, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Dwade
So I finally got my 2016 Q5 premium plus fully loaded. This is my first audi and I love this car ! I am still getting to know the car. Sometimes I try to open the back trunk by pushing the button in the back and the door is not opening, neither does the remote control . Any idea why? The car started already before I reach to the back. Is something wrong with the car or I am doing it wrong?
Maybe the car was locked when you tried to open the back door.
Hit the unlock button on the fob before hitting the back door button( either on the fob or on the door itself.)
Old 08-24-2015, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by arter
Maybe the car was locked when you tried to open the back door.
Hit the unlock button on the fob before hitting the back door button( either on the fob or on the door itself.)
Agreed.

If the vehicle wasn't running, it would have opened via the button on the back door. Once started, the vehicle treats the keyfob differently for security. I believe there is a setting in the MMI to change this.

Also, another alternative is the hatch button on the lower panel of the driver's door if starting the vehicle anyway.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by devx
Agreed.

If the vehicle wasn't running, it would have opened via the button on the back door. Once started, the vehicle treats the keyfob differently for security. I believe there is a setting in the MMI to change this.

Also, another alternative is the hatch button on the lower panel of the driver's door if starting the vehicle anyway.
Ok thank you. That make sense.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dwade
There is a setting / option in the MMI (on/off) which allows you or restricts you to open the back hatch from outside.