Q5/SQ5 MKI (8R) Discussion Discussion forum for the First Generation Audi Q5 SUV produced from 2008 to 2017
View Poll Results: Which badge should I get?
All Black lettering
40.00%
Standard Silver (OEM)
31.43%
Black 3.0 with a Red T
28.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Which 3.0T badge should I get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's interesting how it seems like people on AW are busy adding badges while the people on AZ are busy figuring out how to take them all off LOL. I personally decided to take off the badges. I actually bought a set of OEM supercharged badges but never ended putting them on if anyone's interested in them.

Which 3.0T badge should I get?-qxcgl4p.jpg
Old 05-23-2016, 08:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by riceboy22
It's interesting how it seems like people on AW are busy adding badges while the people on AZ are busy figuring out how to take them all off LOL. I personally decided to take off the badges. I actually bought a set of OEM supercharged badges but never ended putting them on if anyone's interested in them.

Less is more. I like it!
Old 05-24-2016, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Less is more. I like it!

Badges are really dumb. But even worse is the german car driver with a license plate frame that reiterates the brand!!!!!
Old 05-26-2016, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by riceboy22

Quad exhaust = no badges needed

But in all honesty, I'm not a huge advocate of them, but I just hated the TFSI badge since what lay-person actually knows what that is. But if I was going to replace that one, then I want to make sure that folks know that the Q5 isn't your stock 2.0T, hence why I added the supercharger badges.

BTW, the template was a bit off, and I leveraged the great feedback on this forum to realign the badges to make them look like stock.

I'm more about adding electronics and such enablement, so the next things on the "to-do" list are: front camera for parking, smart phone mirroring through MMI.
Old 05-26-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Quad exhaust = no badges needed

But in all honesty, I'm not a huge advocate of them, but I just hated the TFSI badge since what lay-person actually knows what that is. But if I was going to replace that one, then I want to make sure that folks know that the Q5 isn't your stock 2.0T, hence why I added the supercharger badges.

BTW, the template was a bit off, and I leveraged the great feedback on this forum to realign the badges to make them look like stock.

I'm more about adding electronics and such enablement, so the next things on the "to-do" list are: front camera for parking, smart phone mirroring through MMI.
I get what you're saying, although I kind of figure 99.9% of the people who see a Q5 have no idea there's a difference between a 2.0T, 3.0T, or 3.2. If you were to ask most members of my family, they would probably look at my car and say "quad what?" LOL.

BTW, I'm really tempted to try and setup the smart phone mirroring. It's just hard to find the time to do a project like that especially without a garage. I really wish it was possible to retrofit Apple CarPlay though!

Last edited by riceboy22; 05-26-2016 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NorthValley
That's what I mean...they DON'T exist...I just always thought it was dumb using the T for a supercharged engine. 3.0S looks cooler I think!
In Germany, they look at supercharging being a form of turbocharging--forced induction. Hence the 'T'. Agree it's confusing, but I also think they didn't want to throw another 'S' up in the mix with the typical S4/5/6/etc...
Old 02-05-2017, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 118 Likes on 100 Posts

Badges or not we can all be thankful that Audi has followed a logical system for branding their models.It drives me nuts how BMW and Merc.have completely destroyed their model/engine id.system.I don't even bother or care any more and I'm a "car Guy"
Old 02-06-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Always debadge, even the rings on the back. The supercharged emblems on the fenders are silly looking as well.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

OP here, well I added the supercharger badges to the sides and they look good, imho.

As for replacing the TFSI badge with the 3.0T badge, I haven't had time to go do that...since it's not my car and my dad's and when we get together I usually have other things to do vs. work on his car...but hopefully with the weather getting better I'll be doing that in the near-term.

Thanks for all the feedback, but FWIW, I went with the traditional red and silver lettering.